cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Can't get reliable connection on infinity - bt tech support clueless to help !

Hi all

since last Thursday our Infinity service has been painfully slow / broken when browsing. Google home page and search results appear, but loading pages beyond that usually stall at 10% and then drop. Can't get Xbox connection or  connection to a VPN either. My 2 neighbours also have the same issue starting from the same time.

Have spent close to 3 hrs on the phone with bt tech support with no resolution as the HH5 and line test fine (78up/19 down). Must admit the support service has been appallingly bad but anyway they've decided to send an engineer To check the house wiring.My gut feeling is this is unwarranted but are out of options.

What are the likely causes of this sudden meltdown in service ?

I know about contention ratios and congestion, but from 100% to zero speed overnight ? 

Is it possible that it's related to some weird DNS behaviour

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can't get reliable connection on infinity - bt tech support clueless to help !

...?

i've also tried to concept to the wholesale speed test but it times out.

any help much appreciated

S

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Re: Can't get reliable connection on infinity - bt tech support clueless to help !

Wired or wireless?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Both wired and wireless connections have the same problem

thanks S

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

What postcode area are you in?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

London se23

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Have you checked the plusent site for any known BT MSO's?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Yes- nothing reported for forest hill exchange, neighbour is with plus net and they have told him also no reported issues. Interesting as I have spoken to 3 other neighbours who are in process of resolving same issue !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

There's possibly is an issue which is yet to be identified.
0 Ratings