Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Can't log on to Cloud

Go to solution

Following my PC's near death experience I decided I should start using BT Cloud.

I logged onto My BT, downloaded and installed the program and got my welcome email saying : Your BT Cloud is ready to use and you've got 2GB..  Using the My BT log in details I try to log into Cloud but get the message :To activate your Cloud go to My BT and log in or sign up.  I then log into My BT, go to My Extras and click My BT Cloud. The next page says you have 2GB storage and a box to click to Go to Cloud.  This takes me to https:www.btcloud.bt.com/error which displays a message: To activate your cloud go to My BT and log in or sign up. The more observant reader will note a pattern is appearing here! 

I contacted customer services 6 days ago who couldn't help directly but took a raft of details including my PC operating system, browser version, anti virus etc. to pass on to the relevant department who would contact me.  This proved to be pie in the sky (pun intended) and no one has been in touch.

If I click the download cloud button again it just says your subscription information has been updated.

I have also un-installed cloud and re-installed it but am left with the same problem.

Sorry the post is a bit long but thought I should show all the steps in case I'm doing something wrong.

HELP!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can't log on to Cloud

Go to solution

bobwilly, you are not alone. I have problem with identical symptoms.  You will probably find that on the extras page, the BT Cloud button is pink while the others are blue.  My issue is currently with the BT Cloud team with support from a moderator.

I will update this thread and my own thread

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/BT-CLOUD-Error-BT40019/m-p/977102#M60480

when I have something definite to report.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply volfsanity2. Don't know whether I'm pleased to hear it's more than just me or not. You are right, cloud button did change to pink. Unfortunately I wasn't given a fault reference number or anything when I reported this problem so I have no idea if my issue is being dealt with. Do they think it is a common issue that once fixed will resolve it for both of us or do I need to report the fault again and hope this time someone will take charge of the issue.  It was never like this when I worked there. GRRRR.!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

The current BT Cloud system is not fit for purpose and has several problems that need fixed including this one.

However I suggest that you contact the BT Cloud department directly to ensure that you are informed when the problem is fixed.

BT cloud department on 0800 500 3114 (9AM to 9 PM weekdays and 9 AM to 6.30 PM weekends).

I have no idea what the wait time is at the moment but if you phone close to 9.00 am it may not be too bad.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks again for the reply and information. I'll give them a ring and post here if and when there is anything to report.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Update:

Didn't need to ring Cloud team it has just started working. Luckily I thought I'd give it a try before I rang them. Thanks again vofsanity2. Hope this has also resolved your problem.

Any idea how you log out.LOL There doesn't appear to be a log out facility and the help pages don't seem to mention it either so maybe its permanently on.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for the update.

Mine now appears to be working also.  I will do some further checking.

In windows to quit BT Cloud you need to:

Left Click on the BT Cloud icon on the system tray on the bottom right of your screen.

Small window appears.

Right click on the BT Cloud icon.

Left click on Quit.

Further details are available in BT Cloud Help for Windows 7 and MACs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks again. In my excitement didn't spot the quit option.Smiley LOL

I'll mark the thread as resolved now.

Cheers.

0 Ratings