cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Epyon
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Can't order BT infinity someone help please?

Hi i'm trying to buy bt infinity

now it says its not available in my area though i have sky fibre optic right now and my neighbour has BT infinity

i did try and phone and explain but the guy would not have it

any way to speak to someone so they can force the order?

i'm currently one of skys customers with the half throughput fault and i am sick of theres excuses.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Can't order BT infinity someone help please?

you would need to bring your line back to BT first
0 Ratings
Epyon
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

So order a line with BT? once the line is fitted order BT infinity?

Surely theres an easier way?

0 Ratings
Epyon
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Also on the postcode checker it says i can't get nither can my next door

come on bt U NO WANT NEW CUSTOMERS?

Phoned sales 

got a hold of the manager and he says if the system says no then even changing you're line back to BT won't make a difference for god sake stupid openreach systems.......

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

infinity can only be provided on a BT line that is why it is not showing up on the checker also the postcode check is very basic and could include several cabinets some of which may not be enabled as you are on sky fibre service that like infinity comes from the same street cabinet and provided by Openreach to all isp's BT retail is just a provider like sky they can only sell you infinity if the database shows you have an active BT line
0 Ratings
Epyon
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Well i went to test that theory

did a check on my next doors line who has infinity 

it says he can't get it even though he has it 

thing is the postcode checker said i could get it like 2 months ago now it says i can't 

this was what i did get 

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 75.7Mbps and upstream line speed of 20Mbps

Now it says nothing about fibre

BT systems are junk.

0 Ratings
fortytwo
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

@john46 wrote:
infinity can only be provided on a BT line

Do Sky do full LLU then? You can order Sky fibre with no line at all and they will install (ok get Openreach to install) one.

Even LLUd lines can be returned to BT without the need to order a new line but I suspect doing that could disrupt the Sky fibre that is in place.

I suspect this will turn out to be an Openreach data error which I had myself in which case the mods here may be able to help.

0 Ratings
Epyon
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Well if a mod sees this please help me out i really want to get rid of this junk sky fttc Cat Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

You'll have to contact the mods directly if you want them to look into it mate.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
hifistud
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 15

You do realise that, effectively, the only thing that will change is who bills you, don't you? Both Sky and BT fibre systems are installed and maintained by Openreach - they use the same backbone, same cabinets, same gear in the cabinets and the same copper pair going to your house. If you have a fault issue with Sky, you'll keep it with BT - once your connection gets to the cab, that's all she wrote - the phone line is immaterial.

0 Ratings