cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Can't place an order for Broadband

Hello all,

I was hoping for some help on a broadband connection issue which has left us high and dry and my partner trying to work from home on a 3g stick.

My partner moved in with me last week and it was decided that we would keep her broadband, call and tv package (BT) and ditch my talktalk broadband and call package.

So, about 2-3 weeks ago, I phoned talktalk to obtain a MAC address to the switch but was told that the switchover would be handled by my new provider as the line was LLU (at least I think that's what they said).

At the same time, my partner phoned BT to arrange the transfer and booked a visit from an Openreach engineer (which happened today). The phone part was fine but the Customer Service guy/girl said that there was a problem placing the order but they couldnt tell us what it was but they would resolve it (this will be a recurring theme). My partner phoned back two days later and was told the order still hadnt been placed and they still didnt know why but the issue had been passed to a "back office team" to sort out and they would let us know if there were any problems.

Fast forward to today, the Openreach guy came bang on 8.00, he was helpful, efficient and gone by 8.30 leaving us with a working BT phone. My partner casually asked when the broadband would start working. He told us to ring BT again to get a Go-live date. So my partner called and...

The order still hadnt been placed and they still didnt know why! So now we're in the situation of having had our talktalk disconnected and the broadband team havent managed to move forward with the order (despite having had three weeks to do so) and still cant tell us how long it will take.

I am just hoping someone on here can help us out (or at least and provide some answers on how long we are going to have to wait), otherwise I think I'm just going to have to go with another provider.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't place an order for Broadband

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

If not then

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings