cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Can't port forward to my laptop BT Home Hub 2

I'm trying to make a server for a game called Starbound and in the launcher it gives you the option to run a command prompt which starts a server. This server requires port forwarding and in the past I have never been able to do it, but I decided to have another go at it. I added it as an application with the following ports, etc.:

Protocol        Port range         Translate to       Trigger Protocol      Trigger port

TCP            21025-21025     21025-21025      TCP                       0

UDP           21025-21025     21025-21025       TCP                       0

However, when I selected my laptop as a device and then added it to the forwarded ports it changed the device to my iPod and when I selected a different device in the house it chose a different device again.

I think if I can get this issue sorted it could finally be the end to my struggle with port forwarding so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, ConorN.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't port forward to my laptop BT Home Hub 2

You need to port forward to the IP address of the device, not the device name, and make sure you always use the same IP address. Set it on the device itself, and make sure it is outside of the DHCP range.

This should help

Port forwarding problems

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

I made my IP static and used the user defined part to add my IPv4 and I had a the same problem again but when I assigned my public IP it seemed to work. However, when my friend tried to join the server it still didn't work. Am I still doing something wrong or is it a game problem?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

My port forwarding page had an example for the home hub 2. It was for a VPN server, but the principle is the same.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/networking/winvpn.html

I have a home hub 2 installed at a remote site, with two IP cameras connected to it, and I can access them both from here, without any problems.

I am not sure where you are going wrong, as its quite straightforward.

Remember, the static IP address has to to set on your PC, via the network properties page.

See http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/

This looks wrong as well

UDP           21025-21025     21025-21025       TCP                       0

should be

UDP           21025-21025     21025-21025       UDP                    0

0 Ratings