cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandiegi
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Can't receive calls

I reported this online and was given a visit date of 18th January - a week after I reported it. As I have mobility problems and really need the phone so that relatives can keep in touch I rang to see if I could change it

Initially given a new date of 14th January (which would be better) but then advised that as I had done something wrong when reporting the fault online there was nothing could be done and iit would be the 18th!

How could I make a mistake when I followed the instructions to the letter?  Initially I thought it was the phones, so went out and bought a new one - hence the delay in finishing the original report.

I realise that you are extremely busy, but I have little or no mobile signal in the house, and although I can use my line to phone out, and use my internet, I cannot receive calls (hospital appointments etc)

Can I just ask, is it better to report it by phone and would I have got a quicker response.  The impression I was given was that the appointment was now written in stomne and nothing could be done to amend it

Very many thanks for taking the time to read this/reply as appropriate

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Sandiegi
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't receive calls

And just realised I forgot to tick the box to say I wanted to know if anyone replied - really not my week

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

The time scale given you is given to BT by Openreach as the first available engineers appointment

It will make no difference how you request the appointment
0 Ratings
Sandiegi
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thank you, it just confused me being given 2 didfferent dates and then being blamed (wrongly) as having done something wrong in the report process.

Can phone out with a brand new plug in phone, but I think there is someone frying bacon on the line 🙂

I will just have to hope that the hospital doesn't try to reach me in the meantime - mobile signal is now also up the swannee - it never rains but it pours (especially where I live!)

0 Ratings