Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richt318324
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Can't select internet TV channels

Hello there,

For the last 36 hours my Youview box (Humax DTR-T100) has refused to show the internet TV channels:

The channels are all shown on the EPG, but will not connect when I press OK.

If I try to record an internet TV channel from the EPG, it says "Youview can not record this channel"

When I dial a channel number into the remote, the number just remains on the screen in its black box, but no channel is selected. Similarly if I press '+' to go up a channel on the remote from 200, it just stays on 200.

Recorded internet channel programmes all play.

iPlayer works fine.

I have re-booted my Homehub 4 and restarted the Youview box using the switch at the back (many, many times!) and then pressed 'software update' from the settings menus, etc - still no channels.

The box setting menu says I am connected to internet.

The box is connected via ethernet cable.  59meg connection speed.

I'm at a loss at what to do next.  Any ides very welcome!

Rich

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
JohnC2
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't select internet TV channels

Hi @richt318324 Sorry you are having trouble trying to view the Internet channels. The Help Page contains information on the checks you can try to resolve this. Have a look and if you're still having a problem with the Internet channels post back and let us know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
richt318324
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hello John,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried all the proceedures on the Help Page link, but nothing resolved the issues.

However, this morning I found that I could acces three of the internet TV channels:  318, 322, 337.  These were only accessible from the EPG, direct number selection does not work.  Indeed they are difficult to access, needing 15, 20 or more presses on the 'OK' button before the command is acted upon, and quite often the command is never acted upon.  This happens with two different remotes, so this is not an issue.

Also, I have discovered that it is impossible to record anything on the box at present - neither aerial channels nor internet channels, on the fly or selected on the EPG or information pop-up: nothing records.  All scheduled recordings have been deleted from Myview, although they still appear on the EPG as red programmes to be recorded.  Pause of live TV, aerial or internet channels, works fine.

Cheers,

Rich

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 4

Hi @richt318324 Thanks for posting back and trying the help guidelines. 

Drop us over send us your details by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods and we will be happy to help you with this.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings