Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 91 of 128

Re: Can't send SMS

Go to solution
They are dragging it out until Monday no one is bothered to fix it on a Sunday disgraceful
0 Ratings
JimmySaffa1
Beginner
Message 92 of 128

Go to solution
I assume we get some form of refund for this!!!??
0 Ratings
billymccleary
Beginner
Message 93 of 128

Go to solution

Dont hold out to much hope of compensation. They didnt pay out for the first 3 days loss of service when my internet connection was down for a week.

0 Ratings
VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 94 of 128

Go to solution

Whilst I feel that BT should tell us more it would probably confuse more than it helps for many so most status updates are usually (for most companies) fairly plain and do not inform well. I would expect the on call engineers to be out looking at this but if it is hardware failure somewhere they may have to wait for a part to be delivered. Also it is possible it is a fault with EE, leaving BT limited in what they can do.

For those who keep saying there is no status on a consumer page - there is here (The page may not work on a mobile device). It appears it pulls the details in from the business page but is easily accessible by clicking the 'Or view all service updates' link from http://www.bt.com/help/home/.

0 Ratings
VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 95 of 128

Go to solution
I would doubt it but if you wish to calculate it then divide you monthly fee by 31 then divide by 6 as only 1 part of the service is down (Calls in and out, SMS in and Data in and out are working). This doesn't give you much of a refund.
If you can prove physical loss though you could try claiming for that but I wouldn't hold out much hope. It is very rare for telephone utility to pay compensation for anything but long and total outages.
0 Ratings
raf_shc
Beginner
Message 96 of 128

Go to solution
Due to this breach in the agreement from BT side (I.e not providing me with a service they agreed to). Do you think we can cancel/leave the contract midway without any penalty or fees? Or does this need to be raised with the ombudsman?
0 Ratings
peterA1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 97 of 128

Go to solution
Updates on 0800 169 0199. Still problem with texts - why oh why did I change to BT???
0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 98 of 128

Go to solution
Doubt they would let you cancel free of charge. There will be a clause somewhere in the contract about service outages.
0 Ratings
Message 99 of 128

Go to solution

Haha I have an IDmobile sim contract too, last month their internet service was down for about two days, you know what they did, they sent me text and an email plus told me they would discount my bill by HALF for next month for the problems occured

THATS customer service, from a new company too. BT take notes, keeping customers updated = keeping customers happy to stay.

0 Ratings
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 100 of 128

Go to solution
To me an outage of well over 24 hours is a breach of contract if you want to leave I think they would have a problem arguing it
0 Ratings