Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 101 of 128

Re: Can't send SMS

Go to solution

@VinceMarsters wrote:

Whilst I feel that BT should tell us more it would probably confuse more than it helps for many so most status updates are usually (for most companies) fairly plain and do not inform well. I would expect the on call engineers to be out looking at this but if it is hardware failure somewhere they may have to wait for a part to be delivered. Also it is possible it is a fault with EE, leaving BT limited in what they can do.

For those who keep saying there is no status on a consumer page - there is here (The page may not work on a mobile device). It appears it pulls the details in from the business page but is easily accessible by clicking the 'Or view all service updates' link from http://www.bt.com/help/home/.

What annoys me is that the news media don't seem to have picked up on this yet, as that's what would kick BT/EE or whoever into action. Don't agree with your 'confuse' comment though, as they could easily have a link on their status page to the technical details for those who wanted to know more i.e. what bit of the system is actually broken, who's responsible for fixing the fault (e.g. BT or EE), why it's taking a long time to fix and exactly what areas are affected.

Because I'll tell you what, I am beginning to suspect a major security breach... a systems hack. In which case, is personal data affected? If it's not, they need to say so!

Also, they didn't post anything about it on their status page until around 5pm yesterday. The faults were occurring for up to 4 hours before that! Then they estimated a 9pm fix, right through the night. Then hours after the so-called fix, it became 5pm. And now it's 7pm... 30 hours! God, I could completely rebuild my PC from all the individual electronic components and reinstall all the programs in less time than that.

Why don't they just admit that they can't be arsed to pay any engineers weekend rates, and sod the customers?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 102 of 128

Go to solution
Looks like it might be coming back now as I can send SMS again on 2 different accounts.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 103 of 128

Go to solution

Yea, back here too (for now). They were just waiting for me to post my rant...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 104 of 128

Go to solution
I'm back .
0 Ratings
Message 105 of 128

Go to solution
Working fine here. Didn't notice anything g was wrong until I read this thread. Beauty of iMessage I guess
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 106 of 128

Go to solution
Yes working for me now. I'm in Birmingham if that makes a difference. Still I would like know what happened and will be speaking with CS about cancelling my contract! Not a happy BT customer here as needed to communicate with my hearing impaired aunt and the only means necessary was through basic SMS! 😒
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 107 of 128

Go to solution

All working now for me!!   I hope it is the same for all of you.   Hopefully we won't have to meet too often but thanks for all your comments!! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 108 of 128

Go to solution
Still broken for me.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 109 of 128

Go to solution

Working for me too. Pretty poor show though, on BT's part. Like others, I went through the phase of thinking it was my phone at fault, faffing around, taking battery & sim out, stressing...  For me, it's the waste of people's time and the worry, that's most annoying. Presumably it's not that difficult to notify customers by text?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 110 of 128

Go to solution
At a guess I would think if we can't send texts then BT probably can't either. They could email though should there be a desire to.
0 Ratings