Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Can't set up new email sub-account

Go to solution

@wedding wrote:

I log into MyBT using a username that is not my e-mail address and password that is different from my e-mail password

As do I at the moment because I haven't been migrated. I believe once you are migrated a text string is not allowed, it has to be an email address (not necessarily a BT one).

Edit: This all re-enforces my main point. Lack of clear and precise details of how the new system works.

0 Ratings
runner_bean
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Interesting comment wedding.  I have set 'My BT' up with my 'public' email address as the one to get bills etc. sent to and you may be right to think that this might have side effects.  I don't use my Primary id for anything other than account and BTFon administration as it's quite a clunky one.  My 'My BT' user name is also NOT my email address.  All a bit muddled.

Am hoping that India will come up with a solution but so far all they have done is to tell me do what I have already done, that doesn't work.  And so I have asked them to investigate further.  The question is how I escalate this if necessary, as I am currently unable to manage sub-accounts at all.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

I was rather hoping one of the mods would pick this up for you as they are good at resolving this sort of thing.

0 Ratings
runner_bean
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

The support team in India are working on it again and have used their remote viewer to see that I have a problem.  But they have requested use of the Chrome browser rather than IE10 to check it's not a browser issue so I have dug out an old laptop and loaded it up with Chrome.  I have rechecked the login sequence using Chrome and the problem remains (not too surprised).  Am waiting for a call back later today to progress things.

Any passing mods are most welcome to get involved!

0 Ratings
runner_bean
Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Well the Indian agent seems to have fixed it - well done!  But the only thing that I think he did differently was to get me to log in through the Yahoo home page using Chrome rather than through the My BT home page using IE.  Then I didn't get a captcha and got to Account info.  Now my normal Windows 7/IE10 configuration works fine!  Maybe something technical got refreshed as a result of the approach taken - all very odd.

Anyway, a decent outcome without too much time spent.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution
Good result!!😊😊
0 Ratings
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks  licquorice - I was looking forward to being migrated, now I'm not so sure. Heartily agree with your post 7 in this thread though.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings