Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Can't turn off Parental Controls or Web Protect

Go to solution

Can anybody help, I can't turn off Parental Controls or Web protect?

I'm using a Roku 3 to view Netflix. However, the Netflix app uses google DNS servers. When i first got the Roku a few months ago I had a problem with the app not connecting and traced it to Parental Controls blocking the use of google DNS servers. I tried to switch it off by logging in to my account but it didn'r work. After several hours over a couple of days of webchats and phone calls to customer services I was begining to pull my hair out as they didn't understand the problem. I just wanted them to turn off parental controls. Eventually it connected and everything was OK.

Yesterday the app stopped connecting again. I suspected parental contols and logged on to my account to check. In my account it says Parental Controls is being activated on your account and will be available in the next 24 hours. Please log in again later to manage your account (it has been like this for months) and web protect is on. If i try to turn off web protect it says error saving data and stays on.

Does anybody know of a way to turn off web protect and parental controls without having to speak to customer services? I don't have time to spend hours on the phone going through a scripted conversation with someone who has no idea what i'm talking about.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't turn off Parental Controls or Web Protect

Go to solution

Hi,

Unfortunately it sounds like the self service tools for turning off Web Protect / Parental Controls aren't working for you (I can turn them on and off using the MyBT page, but sounds like you're getting error messages when you try the same). This means you'll need to speak to someone at BT to get them to fix whatever is preventing you from adjusting the settings.

Cheers,

Joe

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Baddegg,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry your having problems deactivating the parental controls. I'll be able to help you with this. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Baddegg Sorry it took longer than expected but good to see that the Parental Controls team have now been able to fix this issue for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings