cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 11 of 13

Re: Can't understand BT Cloud

Go to solution

@RKM Hi - I do have 1000Gb of space and all I want to do is put 240Gb in it.  But I don't have 240Gb on the PC to make a sync folder.  When I try from Windows Explores it says that I am 73Gb short of space.  When I do transfer files (it won't do folders) they simply go to teh sync folder ready to be clouded.

I now realise this is no use to me at all so today's job is to open up the PC and install the 500b drive.  I had assumed there was a simple trick I was missing but it seems there ain't. Thanks for trying.

Geoff

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Geoff,

you don't need to create or use a sync folder.  Just launch the BT Cloud dashboard and mark the folder that your files as in for backup.  It will take some time to work out the size and Cloud space required, but you have more than enough, and then start backing everything in that folder to the Cloud automatically, keeping the sub-folder structure.  You can also view how far it has got, and each file it is backing up, as it proceeds.  Once it completes, which will take more than a day for 240Gb, you have everything you need in the Cloud, without transferring anything to the sync folder.

For example, my BT Cloud Sync folder is empty and always has been, apart from when testing a few files, but I have about 500GB in the BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

@RKM now I see what you mean - although it is not at all obvious.  However, as you say, that will take a full day to shift rather than an hour if use my spare hdd.  Thanks for your advice.

Geoff

0 Ratings