cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pip1978
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Can't use reset password - perpetual "too many failed attempts"

Hello, turning for help here as help desk can't seem to resolve this.

When I tried to sign into my account on Saturday, I got a message that it had been compromised. I tried to reset my password, but when I tried to sign in with the a password it failed and the 'too many failed attempts" message came straight up.

I've been through this process several times with the help desk with the same result. They reset the password, I try it, it comes back with the same error message straight away  - "too many failed attempts". I've tried waiting a few hours between resets and that hasn't worked.

Their latest advice is to wait 24 hrs and try again - which isn't very helpful when you need access to the account and not very comforting when you have a message saying the account has been hacked.

Can anyone offer any more helpful advice as I'm not convinced that waiting 24 hours will help.

Many Thanks,

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
NeilO
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't use reset password - perpetual "too many failed attempts"

@Pip1978 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see the problem's you've had when trying to access your BT email.  If you need any help getting this sorted please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings