cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spannerz
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Can't watch bt sport on YouView - error code IPC6023

I have a Humax Youview box. I have a basic BT Sport subscription through my BT account. My phone line and Broadband are provided by BT.
I cannot watch BT Sport. I select the channel 408 and it looks like it will play but the my TV screen goes black before a message comes up saying "There is a problem witb this channel" and an error code IPC6023 which is an internet connection issue.
Whwn I check the settings pages on the Humax box it says it is connected to broadband.
Could there be an issue because I have a Draytex router in place of my old BT hub?
It's driving my partner bonkers not being able to watch 408. I have tried re starting router and humax box but get the same message every tims. And it's taking so long to try and sort this out

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't watch bt sport on YouView - error code IPC6023

Hi @Spannerz Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I've moved your post to create your own thread as the fault with your service is different and it's the best way to get help with your fault.

Do you still have your BT Hub? If so can you connect it and see if the issue persists?

You will find the help information on the IPC-6023 error by inputting the error code and this may help you resolve the problem. Please check it out and post back to let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Spannerz
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. I tried with the BT Hub and Sports works fine. Now connected back to my own Draytex hub and problem remains. What settings do I need to put in the my Draytex hub, please?

Regards

Spannerz

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 6

@Spannerz you need to ensure that the Draytek is multicast enabled. I see Draytek have their own support page with advice on what settings you need to change in the router.

0 Ratings
Spannerz
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi and thank you - this really is one good service that BT provides .... this forum, I mean. I really don't have anything else good to say about BT! I deal with BT through my business as well as my home life.

Now. To the business of the day ... the DrayTek is multicast enabled. The problem persists ...

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 6

@Spannerz I found this thread from a few years back and there's some good info in message 129 on what settings you need to input when using a Draytek router with Youview. Unfortunately our BT TV support only covers the Home hub as each router seems to require a different set up process.

Hopefully someone who has this working already will be along shortly to offer you better advice.

0 Ratings