Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EthanLyttle
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Can you chaneg Broadband packages?

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to change bradband packages from BT Total Broadband to BT Infinity? if so could someone pelase tell me how?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
MarkD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can you chaneg Broadband packages?

It's not as obvious as it could be is it? I couldn't find a way to simply upgrade from my existing account.

I 'upgraded' Total Broadband to Infinity by creating a new order by clicking on one the BT Infinity adverts and following through the standard process. Strangely I couldn't use my existing bt.internet username but had to create a new one. However once the Infinity order was fulfilled (took a month but thats a different story) it reverted to my original usename.

Anyway if in doubt then order by phone.

Bear in mind that some people seem have been charged a cancellation fee if switching from Total BB to Infinity whilst still within the minimum contract (usually 18 months), though others claim not to have been charged.

0 Ratings
EthanLyttle
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thanks, this is great help 🙂

Im thinking of going for the BT Infinity Option 2, do you know if thsi is any good or not? because it says i will get 29.5MB download and 6.6 upload Smiley Very Happy

And did you get a Cancellation fee?

Will i get charged for both of the packages?

0 Ratings
MarkD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

I have Infinity option 2, and it seems fast! I get around 30Mb as apposed to a predicted 18Mb so it looks like the prediction is very conservative (NB I had 1.5Mb on my Total BB)

Reliability has been poor though this is hopefully sorted now. I've had Infinity for a total of 12 days in which I've had a 6 day break of service due to a cabinet faultSmiley Mad. Hopefully other people can reassure you it's normally better than this!Smiley Very Happy

No cancellation fee for Total BB, but I have had it for several years and am well outside the minimum contract.

provided it stays working its definitely the right choice. But if it proves to be unreliable then i'll regret giving up my slow but dependable ADSLmax service. It's still a new product and I guess it's improving.

0 Ratings
EthanLyttle
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Ive been in my contract for jst over 1 month 😞

so i cant do it without a charge? and im paying for 20MB and predicted to get 10MB and getting less than 1 😞

thats why i want to change

0 Ratings
MarkD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Smiley HappyBest thing to do would be to phone BT and ask. They may be taking a more relaxed attitude now as they are pushing Infinity.

As regards your 1Mb/s vs a predicted 10Mb/s it may be possible to resolve that. If you post your router stats  and also a result from the BT speedchecker site than something may be obvious to the resident experts on this forum. There are several people here who know a lot more about this sort of thing than myself!

0 Ratings
EthanLyttle
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Ok, Thanks a lot pal 🙂 you have been a great help 🙂

0 Ratings
MarkD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

No problem Smiley Wink