cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeaAndToast
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Can you mix products from service providers?

I'm thinking of moving back with the parents who are with another provider for tv and phone.  If I was to move back could I get my BT internet transferred to their property without the landline cost?

Thanks for any advice

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can you mix products from service providers?

@TeaAndToast wrote:

I'm thinking of moving back with the parents who are with another provider for tv and phone.  If I was to move back could I get my BT internet transferred to their property without the landline cost?

Thanks for any advice

Hi TeaAndToast.

To be able to have BT broadband or BT Infinity you must have the Line with BT.

To use your parents line which is not with BT, you would have to use another broadband supplier. if you did that you would have to cancel your curreent BT broadband and if in contract incur charges. Even if you are not in contract cancelling your current broadband WOULD INCUR A £30 CHARGE IMPOSED ON ANY ISP.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

The answers are here http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=30095

They may find it cheaper to change their package to BT.

0 Ratings
TeaAndToast
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the replies.  I guess I could move my package over and get the folks to keep sky.  Thanks all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

To do that you would need an a second active BT line one for your BT services and the other line for the sky services you cannot have both on the same line
0 Ratings