cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samyeung
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Can you use Sky Movies bolt on subscription on tablet?

Go to solution
I'm new to BT and my UltraHD TV service was activated smoothly today, along with phone and inifinity 2 broadband. I was previously with Sky, where I found it very handy being able to watch Sky Movies on the iPad through their Sky Go app.

I have the Sky Movies bolt on - which lets me view live and on-demand sky content via the bt tv box. Is there a way to watch the same content on an iPad?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can you use Sky Movies bolt on subscription on tablet?

Go to solution

Unfortunately not. SKY's licence agreement with BT only allows a subscription to access the movie channels on one main box.

Therefore you cannot get them on a second box or a remote device, unfortunately it is all down to licence agreements.

BT's TV Everywhere app does show a few channels and it should be updated shortly with the news that all 10 UKTV play channels are now licensed for BT's remote app, but unfortunately I can't see the SKY channels appearing anytime soon (probably ever) on it.

Your only real option would be to subscribe to the Now TV movie option, that way you would get the on-demand movies on your TV through the YouView Now TV app and you could also use the IOS Now TV app to watch them on your Ipad.

samyeung
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can you use Sky Movies bolt on subscription on tablet?

Go to solution

Thank you for the confirmation.

I'll cancel the bolt on and look into an alternative.  I believe NowTV gives ability to watch on demand content on the main box, as well as other devices, then maybe switch to Netflix once it is supported by the UltraHD boxes.

0 Ratings