cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 84

Re: Cancel Broadband Talk

Thank you for your reply but you are wrong.

BT have told us if we do not cancel this part of our package (BB Talk)

they will add the charge £3.50 to our bill from 1 February 2014. This is ridiculus because it was something we never wanted and have never used it. It was just a free part of the package we upgraded to at the time.

We must cancel it now

Hopefully someone will be able to tell us how we can do online as BT instructions in their email doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 84

@mollyh wrote:

Thank you for your reply but you are wrong.

BT have told us if we do not cancel this part of our package (BB Talk)

they will add the charge £3.50 to our bill from 1 February 2014. This is ridiculus because it was something we never wanted and have never used it. It was just a free part of the package we upgraded to at the time.

We must cancel it now

Hopefully someone will be able to tell us how we can do online as BT instructions in their email doesn't work.

do you have a broadband talk number as keith suggested?  you will see it in MYBT.  if not then you have nothing to cancel as bt  are cancelling BTtalk as and when you renew your contract with eventually ceasing altogether

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 13 of 84

I received the same e-mail but having just upgraded to Infinity a couple of weeks ago I was told at the time that I would no longer have BroadbandTalk, so was surprised to receive the e-mail (well not really). However I thought I would follow it through just in case it hadn’t been canceled or I was charged for something I didn’t have. The system told me there was no BroadbandTalk on the line. I’ll keep an eye on the bill when it comes in in January. The link below worked for me.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/orderproduct?productId=CON-27455&produ...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 84

broadbrand talk

got an email today telling me that if i wan't to keep BB talk after the 1st feb, i will have to pay £3.50 per month. BT have a neck on them, when i first started with them, I got it has part of my package, now they hit me with this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 84

Re: broadbrand talk

@robinbredin wrote:

got an email today telling me that if i wan't to keep BB talk after the 1st feb, i will have to pay £3.50 per month. BT have a neck on them, when i first started with them, I got it has part of my package, now they hit me with this.

It depends on how much you use the extra number, and what package you have on your landline number.

If you have anytime, or evening+weekends,then it would not make sense to keep your BBT number, unless you want the extra phone number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 84

Charges for broadband talk

I recently received an e-mail that appeared to be from you saying that you were about to start charging £3.50 per month for broadband talk. "Click here" to cancel.

When I did that my antivirus software got upset and I left the site.

The e-mail was from

bt.athome@comm.bt.com

Is this a legitimate bt addresss?

There is nothing I could find on the website about this charge.

Was the e-mail legit? I do not want to pay for a service i never use (the few times I tried to use it the quality was dreadful).

I've spent nearly an hour trying to track this down including half an hour waiting for on line help that broke the connection just as I got to #2 in the queue.

It is really very frustrating that I can just e-mail the problem in and wait for a solution at leisure. How do you contact an internet provider? By wriiting then posting a letter in those red things in the street or phoning them up - if you're inside their office hours. How magnificently 19th century!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 84

Re: Charges for broadband talk

There is an existing thread about this, so I have added you to it.

If you go back to the start, you will see the anwer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 84

Why does the link that BT sent me in the email send me to a page with a dodgy certificate

https://productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/orderproduct?productId=CON-27455&productKe...

Thanfully I clicked the link dode posted worked and I was able to cancel but bt did send me that dodgy one,not sure where you end up because I refused to go any further.

Imjolly you are wrong saying people don't have to do anything as bt are cancelling them all,they are not & if you do nothing then they will take that as you wanting to keep the service and automatically start charging you the £3.50 from the 1st Feb onwards.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 19 of 84

I got the same email from BT and cancelled Broadband Talk straight away

cause this service is a part of my broadband package and I never used it

and I certainly don't want to be charged for something I don`t even use.

After I cancelled the Broadband Talk service I got a confirmation email in

my inbox from BT letting me know I closed my BT Broadband Talk account.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 84

Thanks for putting me in.
I'm still wary that the whole thing looks fishy and cross that I can't just send an e-mail to ask them - or even an e-mail to cancel.
How hard to BT have to make it for their customers?
0 Ratings