cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Cancel phone line

Hi

I've just moved into a new house and the old people haven't removed there line, I've spoken to EE as that's who I have my internet and phone with in my old place and they say I need to get the people who used to live here to cancel the line before I can move my EE phone line and internet in!

How do I go about cancel the old line so I can get my line sorted ASAP?

Thanks hope it makes sence!
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cancel phone line

you need to contact the 'old people' and get them to cancel their phone line contract whoever it is with

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Problem is they have moved to the USA some where so I don't know how to contact them!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

you cannot cancel the line like you they may not be a BT customer and no one here can help you you  need your provider to sort it for you 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

They will soon cancel when they receive their next bill.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

@Devon_Dave wrote:
They will soon cancel when they receive their next bill.

That assumes BT knows where to send the bill to.  There's the risk that the OP will be fighting off debt collectors in a few months time as BT try to chase up their bills.

0 Ratings