cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atherius94
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Cancellation of BT 251 £

Hello all. I will start with whole story with BT. I have set my very first order at 28th July for infinity broadband. Everything okey and then after 4 days boom BT have cancelled by order without contacting me and telling the reason. I have called BT asking why they did that, result phone line is taken by other supplier, I have just move to this house. They have set new order for me with broadband and phone activation on 4th of august which was also cancelled. Again nobody have contacted me.. I made a call to bt and lady instead of telling me why my order is cancelled she create a second account number for me.. And the order with engineer appointment 8th august and bb service activation. Order has been cancelled saying that I have two active account numbers which makes my order canceled. Had to make many calls and many time wasted on a chat to solve why somebody created second account for me. So order was canceled but open reach bt engineer arrived and he have install the line without setting the broadband as he have no order for that. Calling BT next day and telling them about it twice on the phone and the chat. Result new order with open reach engineer and new activation date on 15th sep with bb service and phone number different than first number BT have gave me. Taking another day off for that visit waiting until 1 pm nobody arrived. Calling BT to hear advise why nobody arrived and basically they dont know why enginner didnt arrived. By the way I didnt mention forth bt hub send by BT to me.. Making another call to BT asking about my broadband for so long and result of that "we will put for you a new order with faster activation date on 23rd August.. Plenty of calls and chat on BT website.. People saying that I will have my broadband activated soon but after 2 days I have got a call from BT saying that order cant be done faster and I have to wait until 10th sep. Finally 10th September day of activation, nothing happen. Receiving a call from BT saying that there is no space in the cabinet.. Nice after month and half they found that cabinet is out of space. Going to my neighbour who is working for open reach bt and ask him about that cabinet.. He made some checks on his laptop and basically he told me that there is a space in the cabinet. Another lie from BT just to hang up because angry customer call... After many days of calls with BT. Order team is calling me and ask if I want normal broadband which is the copper one because I have to wait for fibre. I said okey, I have asked him about this broadband and he told me that it will be temporary broadband until fibre will be available. Order proceed on 23rd sep and a call from BT saying that they will call me on monday 26th Sep today.. I have received the call from BT telling me that fibre order cant go ahead so again calling my neighbour and checking openreach website to check fibre availability.. Tadam great news fibre connection is available. Go here and check providers for fibre packages. I have made a call to sky asking for fibre broadband. They made a call to openreach asking if I can have fibre broadband, result is I can.. So I have change to sky and today evening of 25 minutes ago I have received an email saying due to leave you have to pay 251 pounds for contract. I have been waiting for two month for broadband.. Have lose 2 days off which I could use in better way.. Had to drive to work instead of working from home which cost petrol. Went through 10 different 9rders and plenty people saying that I will have my broadband or keep saying sorry for our inconvenience.

Not mentioning that they charged me for openreach appointment which order was cancelled. Promising me compensation which I never received. Promises that I will be contacted but then nobody called.

My question is do I have to pay BT for cancellation of contract when I have been waiting for 2 month and basically have been played around.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cancellation of BT 251 £

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Bear in mind that broadband is self install anyway, so a visit is not made. The service could well have been activated, and the phone was working, then the BT home hub would have worked unless there was a fault.

0 Ratings
atherius94
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Yes Keith. My broadband was activated on friday 23rd sep and I order it on 28th July. BT had no idea that my phone line is active even when I told two people at online chat and still was receiving an new order with engineers appointment bb service activation and phone number different that I already have. Because of the previous family they had talktalk. I think I am not the one who break the contract I was waiting for one 2 month and then nobody even told me about contract I will have they just told me about temporary copper broadband. I sign up for fibre broadband and not for copper so I belive that taking that money is just not right. My two complains dissappear themselfs I had with BT about delay and a lady that lied to me because she couldn't me. Thank you for reply again Keith
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

The fact that your broadband had been activated, and you then asked Sky to provide service, would mean that you broke your contract with BT, hence the cancellation charges.

The correct way would have been to cancel during the "cooling off period", you would have neede to make it clear to BT that is what you wanted to do, return any equipment, and wait for confirmation. You would still have to pay phone cancellation charges if the phone had been activated beforehand.

Then you would be free to place an order with another ISP.

As it is, the only way I can see to avoid these charges, would be to cancel the Sky order, and stop the cancellation of your BT Broadband service. If that is what you want to do, then one of the moderators may be able to help.

Ports on the fibre cabinet are available to all providers.

0 Ratings
atherius94
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I didn't place the order for copper broadband. It was BT solution because they couldn't put me on fibre broadband. I have been waiting 2 months for any broadband and by my understanding it was saying that I should have been connected to broadband 2 weeks after I have places the order on 28th July. Constantly being assured by BT people that I will have my broadband and that they will call me back which both never happened. Nobody present me a new contract so I didn't sign anything. This is what I should call "dont care about customer" and not cooling of period. Guy said "we will put you on copper broadband and then update for fibre when fibre is available and open reach bt guy and website is showing that it is available. I have sign for contract on fibre broadband and then waiting 2 month for 2 days of copper broadband which works very slow in my area. I will also made a call to billing team as once they charge me for something that didnt happen and then they refund telling me it is a mistake. Thank you for feedback
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

All I can suggest is to see if one of the moderators have any suggestions, but I suspect that you may have to stick with BT to avoid those charges. There may well be a spare fibre connection available, it could simply be an error on the Openreach database which can be corrected.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 7 of 9

Hi @atherius94,

I'll be able to take a look at the details of your complaint.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
atherius94
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hello @PaddyB.

I am sorry but the case in now with billing team and supervisor.

Thank you

Will let know what have happend.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 9 of 9

Hi @atherius94,

That's okay, thank you for getting back to me.

Cheers

Paddy

0 Ratings