cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Macy_21881
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Cancellation of my order

I am extremely disappointed that my installation date has been cancelled, I had set up and paid for my installion on the 22nd of November and had an install date of the 20th of December, I had booked time off work for this and the day before I was due to have my broadband/tv/phone installed I received a call to say that this was to be cancelled as there was already a line installed in this property which had belonged to the previous owner, I myself work in telecoms and know that this shouldn't be an issue as they no longer stay in the property and it is an easy remedy to change the number over to my new number as I am now the new owner of the property, after waiting almost a month I have now to wait almost another month for services, I use broadband for work purposes and also my kids use it for gaming, and pleasure purposes, having bought them gifts for Xmas which also need network connections this has now impacted on this also which is very upsetting for them as they want to be able to play with friends and relatives on their new devices, also when I ordered my services I was told I would receive a £150 credit card will this still be the case as it is yourselves who have cancelled my original order, also I stand to lose £259 from top cash back which will now withhold my payment as you have cancelled my order, I have been sent my modem and TV box, all I need is my line activated which all cabling is already in place.before Xmas as I had previously arranged would be ideal.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cancellation of my order

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

Its possible that the last owner forgot to cancel their service, and that would have delayed the provision of your service, as their line would have to be ceased, and a new line provided, as that is the way Openreach work.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cancellation of my order

Hi @Macy_21881 Welcome to the forum and sorry for the delay in connecting your services.

If there is already a line at the property then the order to connect your service is unlikely to be able to be brought forward.
Send us over your details and we will be happy to take a look at this for you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John 

0 Ratings