Rosin_Ddu
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Cancellation

I would like to cancel my service.

I just tried to cancel my service under the BT terms as they have changed the price of their services through the cancelation line but they have said I will be charged. Could someone help me please as I don't know what to do.

Thank you

Rosin_ddu

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cancellation

I think you are out of time when you can cancel after you were advised of the increase then you have to pay cancellation fees

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rosin_Ddu
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

I only recieved the email on the 29th of September.

Quote from email

"The new rates start from 5 November 2015. If you want to change something or even leave BT because of these price changes and you're still in a minimum contract period, you need to call us within 30 days of getting this email to avoid being charged for leaving your contract early. You'll need to give us 30 days' notice to leave (14 days1 if you're switching provider), which starts from the date you ask us. And we'll charge you normally during that time".

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Then  phone 151 and say cancel and you will get through to cancellations

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rosin_Ddu
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

I did go through to cancelations, 0800800030.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

That is options team so did they not help

try online chat. 

live chat

0 Ratings
Rosin_Ddu
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Just tried online chat, no help.

Called and then the line went dead.

0 Ratings