Did you mean: 
davidc3
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Cancelled contract, need confirmation

Go to solution

Hello

Our contract expires on 22nd September

I rang on 13th aug to cancel on the above date, and was offered a better deal, which I accepted.

I have since changed my mind, and rang on 22nd Aug (within 14 days) to cancel the new deal, and also the existing contract. 

This was done, but I didnt get the confirmation email I asked for.

So I contacted the chat line, and was reassured that both were cancelled (the new one, and the existing one on the 22nd Sept)

I have the transcript of the chat conversation, but I cannot see on my account page if the old contract has been cancelled for the 22nd, and have had no correspondence relating to this.

Is there a way of confirming this?

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
PaddyB
Message 2 of 11

Re: Cancelled contract, need confirmation

Go to solution

Hi @davidc3,

If you send me in your details, I'll be able to check that for you. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
davidc3
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Thank you, I have sent the details
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@davidc3 thanks for speaking with me today, if you need any further assistance post back.

davidc3
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you Neil for the phone call, and for sorting out the cancellation issues.          However, just got an email from bt, billing me £96 for cancelling early. I set the new virgin service to start on 4th sept, to try and avoid the problems I had when I changed to bt  a year ago ... they mucked up the installation & I was left with no internet for 3 weeks...   At the time bt actually told me it was a good idea to start the new service shortly before the old one ends!  they sent me the email today (1st sept) telling me that if I didn't respond by 31st August (yesterday) they would bill me. 

spoke to someone on the number on the email, who fobbed me off and gave me another number, got sick of holding after an hour. On holiday so only have mobile.

absolutely gutted that I waited a year with bt to avoid cancellation fee, then got charged it anyway.

is there an ombudsman or a complaint service I can go to? as I wasn't told of this overlap scam at any time by bt

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@davidc3 Sorry about that the email is wrong, I'll call you now.

davidc3
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for your help Neil,

Switched over to virgin today,

Had an email & also a text from BT today informing me of the £96 bill, so I'm still a bit worried, will keep an eye on my bill & come back on here if theres a problem.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
davidc3
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hello

Had the final biil, and as I feared, they charged me the full cost for leaving early.

Please could you look into it please. @NeilO

Thanks

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @davidc3 Neil is out of the office until Friday so I dropped he an email to check on this for you and he will update you then.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
davidc3
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Ok,  thank you

0 Ratings