Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Cancelling Contract Issues

thanks everyone for replying

My contract was ending on 27 May and I was already aware of the 30 day notice.

This is exactly why I called on 17 April for the notice period and was told this is absolutely fine to go ahead with.

I then also chatted to BT on the 03 may to confirm if this cancellation was going ahead.

I was told that the cancellation is going ahead and I will not be charged anything extra after my bill of 27 May.

The advisor also mentioned
I am writing the notes that, the services should be disconnected on 28 may so that you will not be getting any charge after that.

Even then I have been billed which is strange 😞 

Spoiler

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Neil just filled up the Form

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Thanks to David Moon for advising.

I am not sure how to reply back to him so posting here. 

Ok so I have received my final bill today.

Great news is the account is now in credit.

But have been billed from 28May to 31 May - I had asked for the contract to stop immediately.

My billing cycle was from 28 to 27 of the month.

Is this because 27 May was a Friday and 30th May was a Bank Holiday?

This was despite chatting to BT on 03 May where I was told

Har**bleep**a: I am writing the notes that, the services should be disconnected on 28 may so that you will not be getting any charge after that
 Har**bleep**a: Is it ok?

I have also been charged Broadband Access Service  30 May 16 £ 31.00 This charge is for the cessation of your Broadband - for further information please see http://www.bt.com/ceasecharge

I was told the cease  fee will be around £5.50 as I had BT Infinity 1 and not £30 which is for ADSL?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

the £31 is a standard charge when you cease your broadband and are not transferring to another provider (apart from cable where it still applies)  it is set out in your T&C  it is charged by openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 17

I have a screen shot from BT on 30th April which states "If you have fibre optic BT Infinity or faster broadband you will pay £5.50  while if you have standard ADSL broadband(copper) you will pay £31. Has this changed since then?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 17

image.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

See page 59 of this link which conflicts with page 58

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/lib/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

0 Ratings