cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Cancelling auto forward on another account

When I joined BT a few months ago I set up auto forward from another account into my BT email account. 

I now want to stop the emails from the other account which is with tesco.net being forwarded into my BT account.

I have searched my BT account and cannot find how I set this up.

I have searched the tesco.net account and cannot find how I originally set this up. BT should show as an external account but it does not. Due to tesco.net migrating with Talk Talk I now cannot get help from tesco.net support or they are ignoring my contact. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Cancelling auto forward on another account

Any forwarding would have been set up somewhere in your tesco.net account.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Yes that is what I thought but cannot find it. 

Would my BT account not show also that tesco.net emails were being forwarded into my BT account? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

No, the mails would just arrive in your inbox, there would be nothing in your account details.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

I've sent another email to tesco.net but don't hold out much hope of getting a reply. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

The reason I want to cancel the auto forwarding of my tesco.net emails to BT is because BT email, not to put too fine a point on it, is rubbish. Constant error messages, not responding, waiting ages to load data to name just a few.

Once I sort this query out I hope to reverse the situation and auto-forward my BT emails to my tesco.net account because despite no longer being a customer the use of email is instant no matter what request you make of the email site. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

This post is "NOT SOLVED" I did not find the answer to my query.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

But, unfortunately, you are unlikely to on this forum as it isn't a BT problem. Have you looked here https://email.tesco.net/files/tesco/support/email/enhanced/help/managing_your_email.htm

Setting a forwarding address (Back to Top)

You can identify an email address to forward your messages and choose to retain the message in your mailbox or automatically delete the message when forwarded.

To forward your email

1. Open the Preferences tab and select the  Mail tab.

2. Scroll down to the Receiving Messages section and in When a message arrives:Forward a copy to, add the complete forwarding address.

3. If you want to automatically delete the email from your account, enable Don't keep a local copy of messages.

4. Click Save.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

@molly57 wrote:

This post is "NOT SOLVED" I did not find the answer to my query.

As has been pointed out, your problem is because you have set up "forwarding" in your Tesco email account and the only way you can stop your email forwarding to BT is if you go into your Tesco email account and remove the forwarding. 

If you want an answer to your problem you need to either remember how you set up the forwarding from Tesco to BT or get in touch with the Tesco email and ask them how to undo the forwarding rule that you set up.

It is not a BT problem and while your problem may have not been solved you have been given the answer to your query.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Thank you for your help and the link. 

The link tells you how to forward emails to another account. I want to stop the forwarding. 

I've tried removing the "complete forwarding email address" but that has made no difference as the emails are still being forwarded.

Fingers crossed Tesco do get back to me.

Regards

0 Ratings