Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradfordboy1973
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Cancelling broadband

Some advice please guys.

My broadband is due to finish on 16 July 2014.

Do i have to wait till that date to give 30 days notice or can i give it 30 days before ?

Thanks for any replys

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cancelling broadband

do you mean your contract ends on that date if so unless you want to move provider you do not need to do anything as you automatically move to a monthly rolling contract
bradfordboy1973
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

The contract finishes on that date.

I am moving to a different company.

Can i request a mac code 30 days before it or do i have to wait ?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

you can get your MAC code anytime just as long as you finish you contract term before new ISP takes over

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
billyflem
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I would have thought you would ask for your MAC  30 days before your contract end date which is notice of cancellation,remember the MAC is only good for 30 days

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

you can obtain a MAC code at any time you wish you do not however have to use it
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@billyflem wrote:

I would have thought you would ask for your MAC  30 days before your contract end date which is notice of cancellation,remember the MAC is only good for 30 days

Just getting a MAC code does not cancel your service.  If you just let the code expire than nothing happens.  It's only if you give the MAC code to another supplier that starts the process to cancel the service.

0 Ratings