cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thelps93
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Cancelling, but still wanting to charge me for a service?

Hi,

After almost 2 years of putting up with this "service", I'm finally moving away. Completely.

I've just recieved my "Leaving BT" email and I've been told that despite moving my phone line and Broadband to another provider, you're still going to charge me for a "broadband-only plan"?! Is this yet another joke that I'm going to have to spend 4 hours on the phone for just to deal with? Bottom line is, once my final bill has been paid I'm cancelling the Direct Debit with the bank directly. I'm moving away completely. Not downgrading as you seem to think...

I doubt anyone official will see/respond to this, but it's not ok to think you can just set people up on new plans when they're moving away in hope they don't reliase so you can make some extra money (especially when you charge as much as you do!).

I quote:

What will happen with my broadband?

As you're moving your phone line, we need to break up your current phone and broadband bundle. When that happens, we'll put you on a new broadband-only plan . This won't come with a minimum term contract. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cancelling, but still wanting to charge me for a service?

Your new provider has chosen to order the port of the landline 1st. They should be putting a in BB migration fairly shortly. It might even catch up. In the meantime you'll have BB from BT, so less downtime.

Note the "When that happens".

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 4

Hi @thelps93

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Apologies for the confusion from the email you received.  You can send us over your details and we'll take a look at your order to make sure everything is moving as it should.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings