cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Cancelling my BB & Phone Service

Hi,

I need some help regarding cancelling my BT BB & Phone services.

I have tried searching online and on BT help but to no avail, the only info i could find was on a 3rd party website which stated that BT charg £8.25 per month to cancel BB option 3 and Phone.

Is this correct?

I igned a new contract in September last year which means there are 6 months left on my contract (6 X £8.25 = £55.50)

My next bill is not due till May 7th so if i cancel now i would be refunded the 1 month fee i have already paid in advance (Feb - May)

That is £26 i do believe, So this would mean i would then have to pay the balance of just under £30 to cancel.

Is this correct?

Also can anyone provide me with the direct number to contact BT to canel please?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cancelling my BB & Phone Service

I should add, i have had no problems with my service from BT and have been a customer since May 2007.

Any help would be greatly apprecciated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Welcome to this forum. This is a BT domestic customer to customer help forum, any messages posted here do not go to BT.

If you need to contact BT, you can use Live Chat  or telephone 0800 800 150

For charges

See http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Hi Keith,

Yes i realise that now and after spending 10 minutes going through the options on 0800150 etc i finally got to speak to a human.

He quoted me £39 to cancel which is very fair considering i have 6 months to go 🙂

Thanks for your help, this thread can be marked as resolved now anyway

dg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Excuse me butting in, but did they mention a charge of £30.00

for cancelling the broadband if you are not transferring to a new

ISP with a mac code.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

I mentioned that very exact point to the person on the phone but his reply was no, the total price to cancel would be £39 (i assume this is because i am still over 1 months paid for in advance which of course will be refunded (you pay in advance for 3 months with BT) I have the call recorded, so if they try to stick me with an extra £30 i have proof they lied to me on the phone.
0 Ratings