cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterbaumann
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Cannot access BT Sports/AMC (SD/HD) using Youview Box & Hub5 Ethernet Switch - Error Code IPC6023

Hi, 

I spoke with someone on the phone yesterday to try and rectify this issue but I'm getting nowhere. 

I'm getting an error message when trying to load subscription channels on my Youview box. The box has been reset, all connections have been checked. Netflix, iPlayer, 4OD - all working, as is the BT store catchup feature for eligible series. 

The setup is as follows: Infinity 2 package with Smart Hub in dining room --> ethernet to Powerline adapter (BT Broadband Extender Flex 500 Kit with Pass Through Powerline Adapters) --> Powerline adapter (same make/model) in living room --> ethernet to OLD BT Home Hub 5 (which worked with BT sport when using it as a master hub a year or so ago) --> ethernet to Youview Box. 

Youview Box is receiving network fine, as are my PS4 and other devices connected in the same way to the router. The router has been configured to disable DHCP & wireless, IP has been set to static outside of the boundaries of the Smart Hub - all done by following the instructions from various sources online.

For some odd reason, BT Sport 3 (SD) did work last night, but none of the other channels do. I think it's something to do with the way the Hub5 is being used as a switch, because when connecting directly to the Smart Hub via a very long ethernet going between the rooms, channels work fine. Is there something I need to disable or enable on the ethernet switch which will allow BT sport and other subscription channels to pass through them? I've ordered an unmanned switch which should hopefully be arriving today to see if that works, but don't want to open it if it's not going to work either! I'd also rather not use the switch if I can get the old router working just fine.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
peterbaumann
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot access BT Sports/AMC (SD/HD) using Youview Box & Hub5 Ethernet Switch - Error Code IP

Anyone got any ideas? Still not got it working yet 😞

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Re: Cannot access BT Sports/AMC (SD/HD) using Youview Box & Hub5 Ethernet Switch - Error Code IP

0 Ratings
peterbaumann
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I thought it might be something to do with multicast, but there's no option on the HH5 for that or anything relating to snooping, as far as I can see. But the router worked fine before when it was used as the master hub. Any ideas how I can access this setting from the HH5 router management address?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

You can`t, as its a function of the WAN to LAN network translation, which is not being used if you are simply using it as a switch. Its not designed to pass mutticast between LAN ports.

Using a managed network switch would overcome this issue, and if you still want to connect the HH5 as a WAP, then plugging it into a port of the managed switch, would allow that.

0 Ratings