cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foxycat
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Cannot access Openzone or Fon sign-on page

I have BT Infinity Option 2 and am opted-in to the BT Fon community (I have checked this) and I want to use Openzone/Fon on an upcoming trip so tried testing it here at home.

I can see both Openzone and Fon on my list of available networks, and can connect to both with a strong signal (probably from my own HH3!).  However, neither option gives me Internet access so I am unable to load the Openzone login page to enter my BTInternet username and password.  I'm guessing it's lack of these that is causing the lack of Internet access, but that's a chicken & egg situation!

I'm sure my hub's internet connection is not maxed out because the only other computer using it in the house is the one I'm typing this on, and I'm not downloading anything.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Using Win 7 32-bit, IE9 on a laptop (which works fine with my normal BT Infinity connection)

Hubby has also tried on a Linux netbook, with the same problem.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cannot access Openzone or Fon sign-on page

There does appear to be a problem with Fon and the Hub3. I have raised this issue and hopefully we (the customer) will get an answer soon....

You can have a read of this thread, as that will be where I reply.

(or BT will?)

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Out-About/BTOZ-connection/m-p/194917#M4777

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
foxycat
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks DS - I see you got the attention of a Mod on that thread.

However, people there were talking about rejected logins - I didn't even get to a page to enter my login!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 10

Hopefully your issue, that I've also had on many occasions when using the HH2, will also be addressed as I did forward the odd one or twelve forum threads to the CEO for his attentionSmiley Happy

Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 10

@ foxycat, You could read on from here - http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Out-About/BT-Fon-access-problems/m-p/165453#M4416

Let us know if you get to browse via BTF and/or BTo

0 Ratings
foxycat
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

No joy.  closing and re-opening the browser made no difference.  In the Network & Sharing centre the connection shows as having "no internet access" so I'm not really surprised I can't access the login page as it's on the Internet.

The laptop, a Samsung, has an Intel wireless card so the post about another brand not working isn't relevant.

Is it possible BT NetProtect Plus is blocking the connection because it's unsecured?  BT blocking itself????

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 10

Nah, I doubt it's BTNP blocking as other forum users have other AV installed and they still can't connect.

If I'm honest, I'd have to say that the bug on the HH2 has now made it into the HH3Smiley SurprisedSmiley Mad

[BT to insert a comment at this point?]

If you really want to, a factory reset of your HH3 would prove this, though you lose any user changes to the hubs set upSmiley Sad.

0 Ratings
foxycat
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

After I posted that I realised it wouldn't explain hubby's failure to connect on the Linux netbook (another Samsung, incidentally).  No BT Net Protect there!

I don't want to reset the HH3 just to test this - don't want to risk fouling up my normal connection!

Let's hope BT come up with a solution....

0 Ratings
foxycat
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Update!

I got it to work!  Did exactly as before, but this time I was able to get to the login page, sign in and access the Internet Smiley Happy

No idea what changed, apart from the latest monthly Windows Update nothing's changed here that I'm aware of.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

@foxycat wrote:

Update!

I got it to work!  Did exactly as before, but this time I was able to get to the login page, sign in and access the Internet Smiley Happy

No idea what changed, apart from the latest monthly Windows Update nothing's changed here that I'm aware of.

Maybe BT have finally sorted it out........?Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings