cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
groovesection
Aspiring Expert
Message 81 of 97

Re: Cannot access certain US sites since this morning only on BT

And now we see how much BT give an s**t about their customers, there is a HUGE routing problem, but as always BT leave customers in the dark and do not have the decency to actually admit this, they just string customers along blaming OUR equipment, etc etc etc.

Other ISP`s inform customers but BT have no respect and treat their customers like imbeciles, I am so glad i am ditching BT in April after almost 4 years of rubbish..

I have endured traffic shaping, being LIED to by BT staff who claimed a major routing problem in Dec 2010 would be fixed by signing a NEW CONTRACT.

Also LIED to regarding pricing (to be fair they gave me a £56 credit, but they stillover charged me for 18 Months after agreeing a contract renewal.

Worst customer service i have EVER endured in my life.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
chivers
Beginner
Message 82 of 97

I had same problem since yesterday lunchtime - couldn't access Linkedin.com amongst others. It seems to be better now - ie can load all the sites I want to.

0 Ratings
FriendlyBombs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 83 of 97

I'd like to add my voice this thread. Several days of problems trying to access certain websites whilst others are fine. No speed issues... just unable to load random websites including BBC and gameslore.com

Come on BT... sort it out, or at least admit to a problem on your service status page. West Sussex area.

0 Ratings
NeoPhil
Aspiring Contributor
Message 84 of 97

Hey it seems to be working now, full speed has been restored and all the websites I could not access are working now 😄
0 Ratings
Message 85 of 97

Hi All,

A small issue was identified, could you try resetting your routers to see if this has resolved the problem?

Cheers

Paddy

0 Ratings
Andrew500
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 97

@NeoPhil wrote:
Hey it seems to be working now, full speed has been restored and all the websites I could not access are working now 😄

Yep, looks like it is. All my "blocked" sites are loading normally.

Thank you whoever is responsible. And thanks to all in this thread for the help and advice.

0 Ratings
Athariel
Message 87 of 97

Just to confirm all working fine for me now.

Thanks to those helping in this thread and thanks for fixing the problem.

0 Ratings
Moshmeister
Beginner
Message 88 of 97

Hi all,

Just joined BT Broadband, been having the same problem since yesterday. Totally random and changing inability to load certain websites. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. And the websites with the problems change all the time.

A word of warning if you think it's now been fixed - I rang the BT 0800 number for help and they told me to reset my hub. I did, and things worked fine for about 10 minutes then the problem started again.

I've reset my hub again after seeing the moderator's post, but please keep checking your connection to see if the problem returns.

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 97

Hi,

Just a quick update, the problems was identified as a faulty Internet Peering link. This has now been switch off and seems to have sorted the problem. If any of you are still having problems, please post back and I will get this investigated.

Thanks

Paddy,

0 Ratings
FriendlyBombs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 97

Yes... working now.

Thank you!!!

0 Ratings