cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaytee
Beginner
Message 11 of 45

Re: Cannot access to btinternet emails now - keep asking for password

After several months with no problem; it has returned!

Nothing in my setup has changed. Opening Outlook allows the secondary contact's emails in, but the primary conact requires a password & doesn't accept the current one.

My workaround - open BT Yahoo & log on with primary email credentials. Hey presto, Outlook can now download those emails.

NO NEED TO CHANGE PASSWORDS!

0 Ratings
Wright469
Beginner
Message 12 of 45

I don't use outlook, but only get the problem on my iphone and iPad, as I use the BT web mail on laptop I don't have issues with it there either! Have you raised this with BT and if so what did they say and are they working on a solution - when I did they said it was nothing to do with BT as it works on my laptop, but I get the same issues as you all seem to with outlook!
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 45

@Wright469 wrote:
I don't use outlook, but only get the problem on my iphone and iPad, as I use the BT web mail on laptop I don't have issues with it there either! Have you raised this with BT and if so what did they say and are they working on a solution - when I did they said it was nothing to do with BT as it works on my laptop, but I get the same issues as you all seem to with outlook!

Try going into your iphone and Ipad, Settings, Mail and ensure that Push is switched off and that Fetch is switched to manual. If you have three devices attempting to access your account simultaneously you are more prone to this problem.

0 Ratings
Wright469
Beginner
Message 14 of 45

Thank you for that, I have changed it on my iPhone but will leave iPad so that I can check if it works! It doesn't answer why it's only recently had this problem when I have been using iPhone in the same way for 3 years and iPad for 2! Hopefully this will work, as it seems to happen when i have an urgent email to send and no access to pc! Fingers crossed.
0 Ratings
James_S
Beginner
Message 15 of 45

"This problem has been around for sometime..."

SO WHY DOESN'T BT DO SOMETHING ABOUT FIXING IT?

0 Ratings
James_S
Beginner
Message 16 of 45

Re: Cannot access to btinternet email's now - keep asking for password

This problem surfaces for me every 6 months or so. Why for a known issue are BT unable to fix this issue. It also causes my parents significant grief - including replying by accident to spam.

0 Ratings
James_S
Beginner
Message 17 of 45

Support will advising changing passwords. That never worked for me.

I guess they have some issue on their side that they cannot be bothered to solve.

It seems so much easier to blame customers or expect them to try and find some solution to the problem.

This is such a huge irritant. 

0 Ratings
James_S
Beginner
Message 18 of 45

Nothing like blaming the customer!

This seems to happen every 6 months or so for me. I guess after BT or Yahoo (who ever actually provides the mail service?) does some work on their servers. 

It is a tiresome irritant that they cannot be bothered to fix. It seems to "go away" after awhile and for me, at least, my Outlook client starts sending and receiving mail again as normal. For the week to ten days it is screwed up there seems to be nothing to do. 

This is a massive irritant that causes many people grief but they are unwilling to invest any resources in fixing it - so it seems. 

0 Ratings
James_S
Beginner
Message 19 of 45

So, I ask myself - why did the telephone help desk tell me to change the password? It does nothing absolutely nothing at all. There was no evidence that my account was hacked, yet this was the flaccid suggestion they came up with.

0 Ratings
ComeOnBeTeSortItOut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 45

Same problem: Outlook randomly asked for password and doesn't accept anything. Has been going on for years. Got my email first thing today then reverted to the same old bug. Contacting support is a complete waste of time, they treat you like a PC-ignorant muppet as if it's the way you have set things up (I've been in the IT industry since IBM DOS days). BT have been aware of the issue for years but seem either unwilling or completely incapable of sorting things out. Perhaps Richard Branson might be interested in my telephone and ADSL business ...
0 Ratings