cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 45

Re: Cannot access to btinternet emails now - keep asking for password

If you are accessing your account from several devices (particularly if they include Apple devices) then I suggest you read this thread

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Outlook-Clients-keeps-asking-for-xxx-btinternet-com-pass...

Despite posts to the contrary there is a work around for this that if followed to the letter is successful.

0 Ratings
ComeOnBeTeSortItOut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 45

As if I haven't been having enough problems with that password nonsense, the contact forms haven't been coming through from my website.  And guess what ...

The problem here is that @btinternet.com and their partner @yahoo.co.uk are blocking emails coming from support@weebly.com and no-reply@weebly.com, which the latter is the email we use to send you those contact form messages. We've contacted them and we're working with them to try and get this problem resolved. We'd have this fixed much sooner than it has been, but unfortunately this is a change they'd have to make to fix as they're deliberately blocking our emails from coming through.

Until they unblock us, in the meantime, I suggest using an alternate email address different frombtinternet.com or yahoo.co.uk. Any other email address would work perfectly with your form.

I despair.

0 Ratings
ComeOnBeTeSortItOut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 45

and thanks for that link vofsanity2 - switch off push mail to all devices then ...

0 Ratings
Sixbells
Beginner
Message 34 of 45

Re: Cannot access to btinternet email's now - keep asking for password

Keeps happening to me, and not just on the primary account.  Outlook clients keep saying the password is not recognised (same on the iPad email client too).  The messages make it sound like the pasword is corrupted, but it's not, you have to wait - who knows how long - until it goes away.  Happens 2-3 times each week, seems random, no broadband problems reported - total pain.

0 Ratings
dorien
Beginner
Message 35 of 45

My two mail clients have had this problem intermittently for years, but in the last couple of days, "intermittent" has become "every time I send a mail".  There's a workaround - to restart the email client - but it's clunky to have to do that every five minutes. 

It's the same for two different btinternet addresses running on two different email clients on different OSs (Mac and Ubuntu) which suggests strongly that the issue is server-end.

Any news on the migration away from Yahoo?

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 36 of 45

Dorien- A poster on another thread pointed out after dragging information out  that it is BT servers that are at fault. Like you my email client says unable to access server -every day . I go to BT yahoo site clear the 2 boxes and re-instate the same email address and password and it works-----for a day. The latest thinking is that  you will be singing  "a good new year to ane and all" before you migrate to CP   

0 Ratings
dorien
Beginner
Message 37 of 45

Thank you Duncan!

I found a different workaround mentioned on another thread - to change the outgoing mail server to smtp.mail.yahoo.com rather than mail.btinternet.com.  It seems to have fixed the problem - probably until a few seconds after I hit the "Post" button.

0 Ratings
dorien
Beginner
Message 38 of 45

A few days on,  the behaviour is consistent:  if my outgoing server is smtp.mail.yahoo.com, then everything works.  If it's mail.btinternet.com, then the first message after starting my email client gets sent; for all subsequent messages, it asks me to reenter my password and then refuses to accept it.

So OK again for now but this will presumably stop working when Yahoo?! stop providing the service.

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 39 of 45

Dorien- I know this is tempting fate and after posting things here  sometimes it re- occures but having the same fault as you -It is now a week without having to go to the BT yahoo email site to  re-input my password which is already there . Thats been worrying me too. Yahoo might just for spite not co-ordinate the switchover to CP as it is not in their interest. I hope BT have a water-tight  contract with them to stop anything like that. 

0 Ratings
czernopod
Beginner
Message 40 of 45

As of yesterday evening, outward server smtp.mail.yahoo.com stopped working with error message "Error while Sending message:  MAIL FROM command failed 5.7.1 Authentication required"

I have reverted to mail.btinternet.com which is now working; I'll post here if it starts asking for and rejecting the password every time I send a message....

Dorien

0 Ratings