Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 12

Re: Cannot change my email address in My BT profile

Go to solution

You have to realise that, although this forum is maintained by BT and overseen by BT moderators, it's essentially a customer to customer affair. If someone asks a question that other customers cannot answer it's often the case that the best advice they can get is to contact BT.

So you are not likely to get explanations of BT's operational policies here. You could try writing to them at

BT Correspondence Centre
Providence Row
Durham
DH98 1BT 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
paul7456
Message 12 of 12

Re: Cannot change my email address in My BT profile

Go to solution

Managed to solve it for myself.

Even though the last post stated contact BT, I did this 5 times and probably spent 4 hours on the phone. Each time I was promised the problem would be sorted, but these were false promises just to get me off the phone as the foreign operators seemed unable to help.

The final phone call instructed me to just create a new profile. This I attempted, but got stuck when I tried to enter the same original password.

It would appear new passwords must include letters, numbers and characters. I abandoned creating a new profile, returned to my original profile, edited my password to include letters, numbers and characters. I was then able to successfully change my BT user name email address and also change the contact email address.

0 Ratings