cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcio45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Cannot change my mobile settings online

After i set up my new mobile simcard on BT's website end of last year, i sorted also the spending cap and restricted international calls and roaming as the sim was used by my teenager son.
From that moment i can not make any more changes on the settings, as it keep teeling me i need to wait 30 minutes to make further changes (i have made none).
Just recently i went abroad and wanted the roaming active and contacted BT to switch the roaming back on (can not do it on the website, as there is a fault), and they guaranteed it was active and would work. Result: it did not.
So after the holidays contacted BT again. My roaming is not working. I have tried connecting manually to several networks but simply does not work. On my BT webpage it keeps saying that roaming is blocked. They seemed to have been resolved as after the conversation with the BT assistant it showed on the webpage that roaming was active. But a day after it is showing again as blocked.
Any idea how can i sort this out? Got holidays soon but need roaming sorted.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cannot change my mobile settings online

@marcio45

What date did your BT mobile contract start?

0 Ratings
marcio45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi Keith,

Went to have a look and appears it was on the 11th of January, so over 3 months. On my BT webpage it actually says that i can now use my phone abroad, when at the start of the contract there was a warning that due to low credit score i could not use roaming.

I guess the issue is that at the start of the contract i blocked a few options, such as premium calls, internacional, and also set up a spending cap. But now i can see the settings page but it does not let me change anything saying that i need to wait 30 minutes because i have just changed settings, but i did not. And i get the same message every time. There must be a fault on their system, because on my last contact with BT they unlocked the roaming (even had an order number for that) - and i could see it on BT website - only for it to come back locked the next day.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

I think you have to wait six months before you are allowed roaming.

0 Ratings
marcio45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Its not only roaming. I cant change any if the settings. I hope anyone from BT here on the forums can help. Thanks
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

First try the  Mobile Chat Team

as that will be the quickest way, as it would take a few days before anyone else would be able to help.

0 Ratings
marcio45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Thanks. I have contacted BT again and i am awaiting contact from their level 2 staff.
0 Ratings
marcio45
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

As i expected, i am on my 8th contact with BT to sort my issue (as in the start of this topic), and no light at the end of the tunnel.  I have tried to explain my issue and then i am guaranteed that roaming will work. But it does not. I have been abroad three times since this issue started. I have recently added a simcard on my Family sim plan and on this new one it allows me to change settings and allows roaming. But the original simcard does not. There is some sort of technical fault. I am just going around in circles with your call centre and chat advisors. Is there any BT advisor here that can help me? Thanks
0 Ratings