cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grumpy12
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Cannot download SmartTalk on my phone

I have a HTC Wildfire S running Android version 2.3.5 on O2. When I go into Google playstore there is no SmartTalk app to download. I have tried to download it from the internet but 1 attempt told me that my device wasn't compatable. Any ideas what the problem may be?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cannot download SmartTalk on my phone

I know it says android version 2.3.3 and up but can you update your phone firmware?  have you flashed the phone with no standard firmware?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
grumpy12
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

@imjolly wrote:

I know it says android version 2.3.3 and up but can you update your phone firmware?  have you flashed the phone with no standard firmware?

Went into update and confirmed I have the latest firmware for my phone. I haven't flashed the phone with non std firmware.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

even though your firmware is ok there seems to be something else stopping you especially if you cannot get it from play store and trying a different route says your phone is not compatible

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
grumpy12
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Any suggestions what I could do then?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

You can get the .apk file for android but not sure when you try and add to phone whether it will do nothing or it will work or cause a problem with your phone

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thats a popular handset with a lot of fellow customers on here. As imj says, its almost as if the phone has been flashed [or maybe rooted] in the past.......

[Unless of course the app is already on/partly on the phone from a previous download - check the settings>applications - including the SD card].

If its a definate no to both, I'd walk into an 02 shop and let the staff have a go, as there sounds to be something adrift with the operating system of the phone.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
grumpy12
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thanks for the suggestion(s). Think I will visit my local O2 shop when next in town!

@AllanQuatermain wrote:

Thats a popular handset with a lot of fellow customers on here. As imj says, its almost as if the phone has been flashed [or maybe rooted] in the past.......

[Unless of course the app is already on/partly on the phone from a previous download - check the settings>applications - including the SD card].

If its a definate no to both, I'd walk into an 02 shop and let the staff have a go, as there sounds to be something adrift with the operating system of the phone.

0 Ratings