Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Cannot download music - BT Hub 3 or network problem

Go to solution

Having a problems downloading music onto my Nexus 7 and believe it is a network setting problem, but please bear with me, not an expert on this.

I am unable to Wi-Fi transfer music from my iTunes collection (on PC) to my Nexus7 via Google Play. Initially this did work but has suddenly stopped and now keep getting a Nexus message, “Can’t download your music right now. Check your internet connection.”

Ironically I am able to complete download via a neighbours Virgin Wi-Fi and even found out the music does download via Wi-Fi-with-Fon through my hub, which suggests to me that this is a server problem and not the hub.

I have reset my BT Hub 3 and problem is still occurring.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot download music - BT Hub 3 or network problem

Go to solution

Have you tried a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

gg30340 Thanks for replying.

When I stated I did a reset, I did mean factory reset, but problem still existed.

I am not sure if it is a hub problem, possibly the default settings have altered not allowing music to be downloaded, but why can I download via BT Fon, and using the nexus on another server (Virgin). This is why I believe it is a BT server problem.

Could it be a DNS problem, sometimes some sites just won't load, where others do, had this recently with Ancestry UK and even Google.

Also, have never achieved more than a download speed of 8 mbs, which I understand should rise to near 13 after leaving the hub on for a month.

Does this make sense to you?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Have you tried "forgetting" your connection on your Nexus, restarting it and remaking the connection to your homehub.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

GG30340  That has fixed it.  Thanks very much for your help. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Glad to have helped.