cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cannot get a connection using the imap server / no attachments with web email

I have two problems that have been ongoing for a week or so now.

First of all I cannot connect using Outlook or Thunderbird using imap.mail.yahoo.com. I've used this for a year or two now with minimal problems. Recently it has started to play up and for the last few days I cannot download any emails usign it to my laptop.

Does any one know if there is a known problem with this?

Secondly, if I use the web browser to connect to my BTYahoo email account then I can read emails, send text only replies but I cannot attach any files to an email i create.

Is there a problem with this too

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Wylie

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Cannot get a connection using the imap server / no attachments with web email

Welcome !!

I would look first at the port you are trying to connect to, it may be that it has been changed and your mail client is trying to connect to the " old " port.

Perhaps port numbers 993 or 143 ???

Cheers..    Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Cannot get a connection using the imap server / no attachments with web email

C1Rider

Thaks for replying.

It seems to be working today!!

When I set it up initially I used port 993 and I set it up over 2-3 years ago at least and have had no problems until recently.

I also seem to be receiving at least one of the rogue "BT Email limit exceeded" emails every day now and they come from btinterent.com email addresses.

Wylie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

And it is down again 😞

0 Ratings