Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Claudiu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Cannot register for BT wifi

Go to solution

Dear John,

Although I should be entitled to it, given that I have the full broadband package, I am told "Customer product is not on allowed product list" when I try to register for BT wifi, BT fon or BT openspace. 

Please help me again!

Kind regards,

Claudiu

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cannot register for BT wifi

Go to solution

check here to see if BTWIFI account active  https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon/status

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Claudiu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thx for the quick reply...it gives me the same message when I check status:Customer product is not on allowed product list...

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Claudiu,

You have to use your primary @btinternet.com email address and password. This would have been given to you when you ordered your BT Total/Yahoo broadband.

Any sub accounts/email addresses that you have will not work.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Claudiu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thx but I have used the right email and password...to no avail...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

try live chat 

live chat http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

others with same problem referred there and never reposted so assume managed to get sorted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Claudiu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Thx, I'll try...

0 Ratings
Claudiu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I tried BT chat on line as well, who directed me to ring 08000223322 and a nice fellow there told me that my username for BT wifi is actually not the main BT Yahoo email username, but another one of mine, and it worked fine from there onwards. Many thanks to all who helped!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I guess that you were using a sub account as your normal e-mail address instead of your primary one.

Its important to check that primary e-mail account for any mails, as BT use that to inform you of important stuff.

0 Ratings