Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnjrad
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Cannot remove SmartTalk users.

Go to solution

My son has registered his phone and replacement phone on BT SmartTalk and now as both of these phones are no longer working, the service cannot be removed using the phone. On the manage my service part of BT.COM I can see both of these as active users but there is no option to remove them. The options of changing changing restrictions or blocking the user are there but the "save" button does not work.

I have called and been passed around various departments and was effectively told the service is not working and there is nothing that can be done until it is relaunched.

Is there anyway these two "active users" can be removed?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
DavidM
Message 2 of 13

Re: Cannot remove SmartTalk users.

Go to solution

Hi @tnjrad and thanks for posting.

I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

tnjrad
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, the issue was initially solved with my sons username being blocked on BT SmartTalk and he now appears twice in the blocked list on the same mobile number. However on trying to reinstall the app and activate it on that same number, it says he is blocked and I need to unblock him (or one of his entries) but after ticking the unblock box and then "save" nothing happens. I guess either his entries need to be deleted from your end or one of them unblocked from your end.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @tnjrad

Welcome back to the community and I'm sorry you're having the same issue again.

Can you send us over the details and we'll have a look at this for you from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
tjrad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, I messaged the mods and the blocked user (my son) was removed from the list. My son was sent a text message to his mobile saying he should uninstall the app and reinstall and re-register. He got the message from the freshly installed app that something was preventing him from registering and he should see the faq. The account appears in order, two out of five users are registered, there is nobody in the blocked list and new registrations are not blocked. He phoned the number in the BT text message and was told by whoever answered that SmartTalk has now been discontinued by BT so registration is not possible. Is this true?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

@tjrad wrote:

SmartTalk has now been discontinued by BT so registration is not possible. Is this true?

False.

This page may help you to re-register the phone BT SmartTalk issues

you will need to create a new BT ID for his phone, as explained on my web page.

0 Ratings
tjrad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks, created a new BTID and it still comes back with the message about something is stopping you from registering. I guess there is something odd with the account as it still will not let me do anything with SmartTalk on bt.com.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@tjrad can you post back and let me know if you've been able to add the Smart talk app to your repaired phone? 

0 Ratings
tnjrad
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, It got through the authentication and as far as the PIN but it will not complete setup. I will be offline for about 5 hours from now and will try again later. It says there may be an exisitng request or order or a SmartTalk account setup earlier today (there was not).

0 Ratings
tnjrad
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

There is an open order to remove a SmartTalk user, so maybe that is stopping the setup from completing.

0 Ratings