Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 38

Re: Cannot send e-mails from 3g smart phone using my @btinternet.com address

Go to solution

one for the team keithSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 38

Go to solution

Shop "experts", what do they know Smiley Wink

My phone and PC is set up for IMAP, so that anything I send or receive, is sychronised with both devices and webmail.

I feel its more secure to have a copy of all received and sent mail on my PC, as I can back it up. I can also reply on either device, or even webmail, and they all stay in synch.

0 Ratings
steve508
Beginner
Message 33 of 38

Go to solution

i think i would like these settings also - but i am now currently struggling with setting up e-mail contacts - as i seem to have phone contacts but yet to find "add as e-mail contact"

i will get there but feel i have used up so much of your time already

perhaps the IMAP might have to wait another day

thank you once again 

kind regards (to you both for helping)

steve

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 38

Go to solution

can you not add an email address to your 'contact' - like my HTC   then when I send an email it brings up my contact just like my live mail does on my pc

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
steve508
Beginner
Message 35 of 38

Go to solution

i select an e-mail and can then select "add to contacts" but nothing further seems to happen

within general phone settings i can select a contact and see thier phone number - but it does not appear to let me add any further fields

tried all menu drop downs i can find so far

it lets me phone or text the contact- but cannot see ant way to add e-mail address

back on this contacts e-mail in my in box i can select" add to contacts" but it the says contact name too large to add to field- presumably it is trying to save the entire e-mail address

exasperated now as it should be so easy - i have no manual with this phone - a works issue!

but the answer must be so simple!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 38

Go to solution

try this  http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201107/20110718182314433/GT-S5830_UM_EU_Gingerbread_Eng...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 38

Go to solution

Just a quick comment, it sounds like you are trying to add a SIM contact, and not a phone contact. A SIM contact stores information on the SIM card, and that has only name and phone number.

Phone contacts are stored on the phone and can consist of multiple fields. You can normally copy SIM contacts into you phone memory, and then add the extra fields like e-mail addresses.

0 Ratings
steve508
Beginner
Message 38 of 38

Go to solution

lol- worked again

e-mail addresses now saved

many thanks Keith

going to take my stupid self off to bed now!

You wouldn't believe I'm an accountant for a living- but clearly a dinosaur with technology

cheers

0 Ratings