cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George66
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Cannot send emails now from Outlook 2010 using new mail servers BT no help.

Go to solution

Because I wanted to keep my email address when I left BT for Sky, I retained my BT mailbox.

However I access it from Outlook 2010 not on the web page, I have used it quite happily for severl years but:

Although I can receive emaails I have now found that for about the last month my outgoing emails have not gotten through the new BT mailbox server.

I have reset my Outlook password, also created a new Outlook account using IMAP instead of POP  but to no avail.

Tried to use the online BT technician, but once I sent and received emails directly on the web page, he stated that Outlook is a third party program and BT only supports their own system.

I have about ten years of emails filed and catalogged using Outlook.

Does anyone have any suggestions why I cannot send outgoing mails through the new servers?

Using Windows 7 prof 64 bit, Outlook 2010.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Cannot send emails now from Outlook 2010 using new mail servers BT no help.

Go to solution

Just configure Outlook to use the Sky SMTP server for outgoing mails if you have an account on it.

0 Ratings
George66
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Cannot send emails now from Outlook 2010 using new mail servers BT no help.

Go to solution

No I don't have a Sky email account, but I noticed people were talking about resetting the hub.

Tried resetting the hub (despite it being a Sky hub) and it seems to have fixed it all.

Resetting the hub works even with SKY hubs????

George Humphries

0 Ratings