Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newtonian
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Cannot sign up online

Go to solution
Can anyone help please? So frustrated that have actually joined this forum to see if other have same issues. Tried to join BT infinity and tv with phone package online with £100 Sainsburys vouchers. The BT server has been down for 3 days. Got through on phone to great staff member called Gemma but she could not find our phone line on infinity/able to access this service. She tried to find our area on BT.com and it said we could have infinity in our area. She was not allowed to process the order due to the initial negative showing/no infinity available. Then I find we have run out of time on the Sainsbury offer. Am I alone in wondering why the server has gone down like this so now the offer is not available? And how come one system says we can have Infinity but another says we cannot? All we want to does move to BT! Anyone able to help us please?? Thanks very much.
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Cannot sign up online

Go to solution

A moderator should be able to help you with this. They are a UK based BT team. If they can help they will contact you via this post.

Newtonian
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks for reading this so quickly! Cheers. Will update if someone does contact me.
0 Ratings
Newtonian
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
Hmm, no response from the moderator. Guess I will have to give up.
0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Don't give up . Moderators usually have a queue of complaints to deal with . Give it another 2 days.

Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

The forum moderators will get involved in this post as soon as they read your post they will post there reply and give you a contact link to them

Please do not send them a personal message, as your message will not be tracked properly.also the mod you personal message may not be on duty for some time and that will delay your help further.mod contact.JPG

Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Newtonian

Sorry you've been having so many problems placing an order.

Send us an email using the contact the mods link in my profile you will find it in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Newtonian
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks Stuart,

I am afraid we gave up on this forum, joined BT, then found BT vision did not offer the channels the salesteam (on 2 occasions) said it would, the service is bad, the engineer failed to arrive, the engineer who did come tried to fix an issue but then we found it wasn't fixed... and we are sadly going to cancel btvision element.

Thanks though.

0 Ratings
Newtonian
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Dear Stuart,

I am a patient person (I think) and have never ever posted anything on an online forum before so this really is a first and one off. I am sorry because it is going to be (and sound like) a moan.  However, that is, I am sorry to say, exactly the description.

Having just posted a reply to when I was about to phone BTvision to cancel the service that doesn't work properly; has never worked properly; with non-existent channels I then find after nearly an hour of talking to several different people that... I cannot cancel until someone has looked into the matter further. While I appreciate that you need to investigate things it is almost as if it is impossible to speak to BT on a one-person call; to one department. I will wait 5 days but for the record:

• We called the sales teams on 2 occassions to check that certain channels were on btvision.  We later find out they are not
  • We tried to sign up online. The server was down for 3 days
  • We signed up on phone and were told things which did not then translate to our current bill
  • We were booked an engineer. The engineer did not arrive
  • We tried to find out why and were offered three different answers from personal reasons to busy to not assigned - even though we had called during the visit duration to explain we would have to pop across the road for a few minutes.  You staff who logged into bookings made reference then of any varied possibility why the engineer might not subsequently arrive
  • When the engineer does arrive (about 2 weeks later - maybe just under) we find that the channels are not great and we log this with your staff straight away. We are told the channels will arrive another time
  • We then find that the signal is not good for some channels.  An engineer comes out and seems to fix it. It is not our roof/aeriel because we have 2 other tvs with freesat and both work perfectly.  It is not scarts or hdmis because we have tried changing them
  • We look at our bill... only to find refunds and other things are not showing on it
  • We then turn the tv on to find different channels are now not working properly
  • We phone to explain all this and end up on an hour long call (which we are paying for because it was only then that a really helpful chap called Anthony explained we could call free), go to technical who explain they will note on the system they have done everything they can; we can be released from contract; talk to 3 or 4 different people and find technical do not do that which they state they will do; and are therefore told a manager will call us back within a week

So, within the first 30 days of our contract with we find that the service is not as offered, the quality is not as expected and the professionalism of the organisation is below par

Here is hoping that it can be sorted out.  Sorry to moan but I hope no-one else gets this sort of situation

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Newtonian,

I'm really sorry for all the problems. Use the link in StuartH's profile to get in touch and we'll sort things out from here.

All the best,

Robbie