cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Cant access BT wifi site or use app

Im having problems trying to even "check my status" on the BT wifi webpage keep getting a wide selection of error messages and no combination of login details I use seem to work. This also means Ive no idea what login details to use with BT wifi app 😕  Is there some way of finding out my active details for Bt wifi without jumping through hoops of resetting my password etc?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Cant access BT wifi site or use app

If you are an "old" customer with BT, which I suspect you are going by when you first registered for this forum, you should use your primary email address and password to log onto BTWifi and when setting up the BTWifi app.

"New" customers need to use their BTID and password. The  BTID however needs to be an email address and password for it to be accepted by BTWifi.

To make life easy when setting up the BTID, set it up as a BT email address and password. This will give access to MyBT, BTWifi and any other BT services.

See link

http://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/bt-id-explained/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Yeah im trying my original email details but no joy with it, which makes me unsure what details BT wifi is looking and I dont want to reset passwords as I wont be sure which details are getting reset 😕
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

I use my primary email address and password. I'm still not sure of the linkages between BTID, email and BTWIFI passwords particularly if still on BTYahoo mail. The whole password syncing thing is very flaky, and don't get me started on why they should ever be the same anyway!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

its an outside chance but im thinking maybe cause my emails are BT emails now and not BT yahoo emails perhaps thats the problem authenticating the details I thought were registerered?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

It should make no difference that you are now on BTMail and not BTYahoo.

I am an "old" customer, on BTMail and I have to use my primary email address that I first set up with BT a million years ago when I was still on BTYahoo.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

well I dont know whats going on but nothings working and I just tried a password reset on my original email address and nothing I cant even check my status on Bt wifi page .

My opinion BT ID was a complete waste of time as @ the time I created it it was supposed to be a 1 login for all services, what a load of rubbish that was 😕

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

If you don't already have things set up this way try setting your BTID to be your primary email address and password. You change this in your MY Profile in your MyBT by making your contact email address the same as your primary email address.

Change the password if you want. This will become the password for MyBT, BTWifi, BTMail etc.

Make sure that in MyBT it is set as your primary ID.

Go to MyExtras in MyBT and click on "manage email" and check that your primary email address is there. It should be top of the list.

Once you have done that make sure you can log onto your email https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

and MyBT https://www.bt.com/appsauth/genericlogin.do?TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-97c7b65c-4070-10cb-a9e1-83aaa3...

using the same email address username and password.

If that works OK and hopefully it will you should then check your BTWifi Status

https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

My current BT ID email is NOT my original email but a secondary I made , when asked when making my BT ID it was my email address I mostly used at the time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

It is of course up to you but it might be worth changing it to your primary email address and password if only to see if that is the problem. If it doesn't help you can always change it back.

0 Ratings