Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanMS
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Cant connect VPN Client

Hi again

My VPN client still won't connect - asks me for a password which I just do not have.  It didn't do this initially, connected fine.  Has anyone else seen this?

I'm connecting to a BT Openzone (the same one I downloaded the client from) but no joy.  Can't even download the VPN client again to see if it's causing the problem.  Just get taken to the sign in page like lots of others do.

A plea to BT.  Why does this logging on and VPN connecting business have to be so messy?  Do you think us guys who have bought your product want to mess around like we seem to have to do?  We just want to press one, maybe two blindingly obvious buttons and get connected reliably and securely.  It isn't much to ask is it?  Instead you put out a half baked product that's a pain to use. I've even seen posts saying they had to click on the 'en francais' button on a landing page in order to get to the 'launch browser' page!  What's that about?

Come on guys, your customers deserve better.  Give us something that works properly and consistently.  You only get bad press by making things awkward for your customers.  You should have learned that by now.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
AlanMS
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cant connect VPN Client

Update

By enabling Port Clamping on the HomeHub (Settings/Advanced Settings/Broadband/VPN) I am no longer asked for a password when I try to connect the VPN client.  Still don't get connected though.  After a about 20 seconds I get a dialog box saying:-

'Secure VPN connection terminated locally by the client.  Reason 412.  The remote peer is no longer responding'

Any ideas what's happening anyone?

Thanks

0 Ratings
SARAHALI580
Message 3 of 5

Hi there did you get this fixed? i am not IT literate at all but to explain my husband's work laptop with VPN client (cable and wireless remote access manager) used to work fine with my BT home hub (got this in January it is black with 3 blue lights on the front). However sometimes my own laptop stops working wirelessly and a call to the BT call centre and a change in settings sorted my laptop out. However my husbands's VPN client stopped working  - we are getting desperate and really regretting going with BT never had problems with Virgin. The VPN says the following:-

Associating to BT Hub 3-7SWW

acquiring network address

VPN is not running terminating connection

previous error messages have been error 412 - something about a remote peer?

0 Ratings
SARAHALI580
Message 4 of 5

also now I have enabled port clamping and its still not working

0 Ratings
SARAHALI580
Message 5 of 5

new error message is secure vpn connection terminated by client reason 413 user authentication failed

0 Ratings