cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fingers
Aspiring Contributor
1,534 Views
Message 21 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software

Same problem here... I was invited to update to the latest version of BT Cloud yesterday and since doing that I too have the same problem.  The log-in screen flashes 3 or 4 times but I can't enter my password, and then I get the message "Could not connect to the service".

 

I have uninstalled and re-installed, but same problem 😞

 

UPDATE:  the current version is 2.1.2106.  I still had an old installer download  (called BTNetworkInstaller, not BTCloudWindows) and so I ran this to re-install version 1.83.310.0 and this version still works.....

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
1,520 Views
Message 22 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software


@Otto wrote:

I have exactly the same problem on both computers - suggesting to me that this must be a problem with the BT Cloud software or my account and not my computer(s).

 

Incidentally, on both machines the "My Extras" section of My BT never loads, it just sits there with the whirly wheel spinning for ever.  Perhaps this is a clue? 


 

 

If you can log in to BT Cloud via a web browser it's unlikely to be account related.

 

What happen at https://www.btcloud.bt.com/ ?

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Fingers
Aspiring Contributor
1,514 Views
Message 23 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software

UPDATE:  the current version is 2.1.2106.  I still had an old installer download  (called BTNetworkInstaller, not BTCloudWindows) and so I ran this to re-install version 1.83.310.0 and this version still works.....

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
1,510 Views
Message 24 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software

2.1.2106 is working ok here.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Boss_Slave
Newbie
1,492 Views
Message 25 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software

Hi

This is my first post. 

I’m having exactly the same problem as described by Tang0 on 15/11/2013 and subsequently by others.  I tried the certificate fix suggested by StuartH on 22/11/13 and it did not work.

As a bit of background, I had the BT Cloud desktop app working perfectly on my 2009 Mac Mini which was running Win 8.0 (default boot).  I also had my Nexus 7 registered as a device.  My laptop was running Win 8.0 and it was also registered as a device.  It was all working well until my Mac hard drive died a couple of months ago.  Fortunately I had a reasonable backup regime and I have c 98% of my data backed up to external hard drives and some other cloud services.  I was hoping to use BT Cloud to recover the remaining 2 % of my data.

I upgraded my laptop to Win 8.1 as soon as it was released.  My laptop is now (temporarily) my main and only PC.  As I have been a bit busy with other things, it’s only now that I am trying to install the BT Cloud desktop app on my laptop to recover the lost data, and it just doesn’t seem to want to work with Windows 8.1.  I am aware I can download documents using my browser, but the desktop app is simpler and easier to use.

From the above, and from some other posts, it seems that this is a Windows 8.1 compatibility problem as I had two Windows 8.0 devices registered previously and everything seemed to work perfectly.

Firefox is my main browser.

I would be grateful for any assistance.

0 Ratings
Otto
Aspiring Contributor
1,483 Views
Message 26 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software


@Oliver341 wrote:

 

If you can log in to BT Cloud via a web browser it's unlikely to be account related.

 

What happen at https://www.btcloud.bt.com/ ?


That appears to work OK, I can log in and see my files. 

 

The desktop app on my Win7 machine now attempts and fails to log in whenever I boot Windows and it seems there is no way to stop it other than uninstalling it.

0 Ratings
onehundredandeighty
Aspiring Contributor
1,457 Views
Message 27 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software

This is obviously a widespread problem.

 

Why do BT not treat it as a widespread problem and fix the new software release?

0 Ratings
starwarsclark
Beginner
1,439 Views
Message 28 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software

Exactly the same problem for me, are we the only ones?

 

Come on BT - When can we expect to see a fix?

0 Ratings
davidfthorn
Newbie
1,414 Views
Message 29 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software

As offered above:-

BT Cloud PC Client log in issue - Fix

 

This is no solution - the link offered doesn't even work.

 

Seems that BT can't get a handle on this issue that so many people have and can't offer a fix.

 

Google Drive works just fine!

0 Ratings
pumadids
Newbie
1,391 Views
Message 30 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software

This fix worked for me

 

BT Cloud PC Client log in issue - Fix

 

0 Ratings