cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onehundredandeighty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software

The fix isn't good enough. I use Firefox not Internet Explorer.

0 Ratings
leonrosk
Message 32 of 49

Same problem here 😞

0 Ratings
Templerman
Beginner
Message 33 of 49

Just to add to the list of users who are suffering this problem!

0 Ratings
jazomir
Beginner
Message 34 of 49

I am having the same problem in that I can't access BT Cloud ("could not connect to service" msg) or use Hub Manager ("unable to connect to hub" msg). I can access BT cloud via the BT Cloud site and can access the admin userid on my Home Hub 4.0 but have the added problem that my machine is running like a sick pig. Initially I thought the problem was due to the latest Microsoft Patch Tuesday release, but pretty much ruled that out. I then stopped/deleted almost every single non-essential piece of software on my PC to no avail - even running in 'stripped down' mode, I am having problems typing anything into my browser (there is 10-20 second response). It is the same as when I first got BT Cloud and was running in automatic backup mode - but at least then it was obvious what was causing the problem! I have run 4 different deep scans with different anti-virus s/w and checked as deeply as I am able but can't find any obvious reason for these problems - it is as though something is constantly attempting to access my router for some reason but is not succeeding and is slowing everything down. I am running XP SP3 on a dual core processor with enough memory and disk space to cope with most things but not, evidently, this problem!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 49

Jazomir

Start Windows Task Manager and go to Processes and have a look there to see what is running.

I don't use BTCloud, I found it a very poor program with lots of problems so uninstalled it so I am unable to say what it is named in Processes but I think it is something like f-secure. This should give you an indication if it is slowing down your system and if need be you can stop it from there.

0 Ratings
starwarsclark
Beginner
Message 36 of 49

I use Firefox as standard, however I managed to sort mine out by opening Internet Explorer and following the instructions shown earlier, I then shut down Internet Explorer and went back to Firefox, BT Cloud log in has been fine ever since.

0 Ratings
jazomir
Beginner
Message 37 of 49

I've done all of that - I disabled the automatic backup function in Cloud some time ago and use the sync utility instead (I use Cloud Storage for permanent secure storage, not for backups anyway). I do find it strange that both BT CLoud and BT Hub Manager have stopped working completely (and at the same time) - my wife's PC is also connected to our Home Hub 4.0 via ethernet (as are our TVs and BT Vision box) but doesn't have BT Cloud & Hub manager loaded and is having no access problems - I have also confirmed that the browser (Chrome) and other settings on our two machines are the same. I  reloaded the BT Cloud software in case the original version had become corrupted but to no avail - my machine is still running very slowly, I can't use the Cloud or Hub Manager software and am having issues with certain sites (BBC in particular not loading in correct format). I have checked that the Security Certificate fix mentioned in another thread was in place - it was - and have checked that all plugins/extensiions in my browser are OK so I am somewhat at a loss as to what to do next. (Incidentally, I am computer savvy - I worked in IT since 1973 including 16 years spent in BT in various IT roles so pretty much know my way round PCs in particular , and unfortunately, have had several bad experiences with BT software in the past). I have spent several days on this, and though I enjoy a challenge, this is becoming a drain on my resources - I don't want to spend ages online to a call/support centre and wonder just how many other users are having similar problems and aren't yeat aware of the fact.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 49

As well as the BTCoud issue you may have a problem with Windows update causing your slow down.

see this link

https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Got-Windows-XP-Tearing-your-hair-out-because-of-SVCHOST...

and this one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514140/svchostexe-using-100-cpu/page-2

0 Ratings
jazomir
Beginner
Message 39 of 49

Ran the recommended fix from Bleeping computer which seems at first glance to have fixed  the display/CPU problems but still can't use BT Cloud or Hub Manager. Luckily I can do without the latter and can use the former via the BT Cloud site so can safely sync any files. Still waiting for a more permanent fix.

0 Ratings
Fingers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 49

Its now 24th Jan, and today I was prompted to upgrade BT Cloud.   Must be fixed since all the problems at the start of Dec....  NOT SO!   Still exacly the same issue so I have had to downgrade again (which looses the list of directories to back up, so has to be set up again!)

Come on BT, please sort this out!

0 Ratings