cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
El-Buzzo
Beginner
Message 41 of 49

Re: Cant log on to BT CLoud Software

I know this thread is a few months old but for future reference I thought I'd add my penny's worth. I've just encountered this issue while reinstalling BTCLoud after a hard drive failure. After trying everything else suggested on this thread, I simply clicked in the login window for BTCLoud as soon as it appeared. Instead of disappearing and reappearing several times as before, it stayed on the desktop. I then entered my details, and it logged in fine.

So when the login window first appears, just click your mouse in the login ID field. This should keep the window from disappearing and allow you to log in. I know it sounds crazy, but I've just done it. Nothing else suggested by the BT 'experts' - as usual - works! However, I have yet to find out if I'll have to keep doing this workaround every time I launch the app...

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Fingers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 49

I have this working now.

Is it because we all dont have IE as our default browser?

I re-did this fix pasting the address into Internet Explorer and it worked.

BT Cloud PC Client log in issue - Fix

0 Ratings
royjta
Message 43 of 49

I was having the same problem described here, trying to log on to the BT Cloud application on my PC, and having the log in screen flash up several times then giving me the  "Could not connect to the service, check your network connection" message. 

It's working for me now, my solution was to use Internet Explorer and go to the BT home page (http://home.bt.com/) and select "Go to My BT".   I entered my username, password and selected "Remember me" and logged in to My BT.   I then started the BT Cloud application again, and BT Cloud log in page opened and now let me enter my username and password

0 Ratings
Owlsbiker
Beginner
Message 44 of 49

Yes sorted for me, after trying all suggestions I tried royjta solution. I use Firefox but went to Internet explorer and went to www.bt.com and logged into MyBT and asked to remember me. I also clicked on the lock and viewed the Certificate as suggested in an earlier post. Just to be sure I reinstalled the app and everything is now working. Worth a try
0 Ratings
mikejones
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 49

Has anyone got this software working? Is it worth the bother or is it just as clown shoes as it seems? I downloaded it, got the same problem.

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 46 of 49

@mikejones wrote:

Has anyone got this software working? Is it worth the bother or is it just as clown shoes as it seems? I downloaded it, got the same problem.

I've never had a problem with the BT Cloud software. I use Windows 7 64-bit, if that makes a difference.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 49

@mikejones wrote:

Given that the space on offer is pathetic in comparison with other clouds, (Microsoft and Google, for example) and the fact that setting up a new PC still displays the silly "vanishing login window" many months after this issue first surfaced, it is hard to think of a good reason for installing this.

Another reason for saying no to BT Cloud is that, unlike the other clouds, there is no obvious way of telling BT Cloud where to put local copies of files. We don't all want them slapped on to the main boot drive. Some of us use a small and fast SSD for that while keeping data on a larger data drive(s) or a networked box.

As ever, BT works on the "lowest common denominator" principle without giving experienced users any control.

0 Ratings
Bolosun
Beginner
Message 48 of 49

Well installed it, it wont load as I get the flashing login - de installed it.

Does no one do any UAT on this stuff?

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 49

hi

unable to log in using the desktop software telling me ive entered the wrong details but those details log me on to the web site and the bt cloud app on my windows phone.

used the fix link didnt work

Andy

0 Ratings