cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Cant send emails

since being asked to set up a new BTID, I have been unable to access emails from my Mac.

Ive checked the settings over and over again.

I can receive emails through the BT website, but it wont let me send replies! Help!

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Re: Cant send emails

Exactly the same, no change since last Wednesday.

Why cant I send emails from my account?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

When you say you can "send through BT website but it won't let me send replies" do you mean via your email client on your MAC or via the BT webmail log on here https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Thanks for the reply - Ive been away.

I can log in to the BT webmail site and receive my emails OK. I cant however, send - on trying to reply I get - Error message 

" An error occurred while sending the message. 
Please call us on 0800 111 4567 so we can help you fix this."

However, if I switch to a subsidiary account, I can receive AND send!

Weird.

I can neither send nor receive anything on eith account on my iPad - which of course worked flawlessly under BTYahoo!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

If you can not send via webmail there would appear to be a problem with the account.

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Thanks for that - I'll keep my fingers crossed!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 15

Hi melton,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry for the problems you're having sending emails.  You can send us your details and we'll help sort this out.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Many thanks for coming back to me.

Received your message:

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We just want you to know that we've got your e-mail. This is an auto response, so you don't need to reply. 
Our aim is to get back to you in 24 hrs. But at busier times, it could take us up to 48 hrs. 

Either way, don't worry we'll be in touch. Your reference number is ************. 

Best wishes, 

Forum Moderation Team

That was the 4th, its now the 7th. (over 72 houirs)

FYI. I tried logging in to this forum this morning, and it would not accept my user ID / Password. Tried using 'I forgot' password change - it said I had been sent an email. Never arrived. Tried about ten times - no reset password email ever arrived. Only managed to get into this forum by going to my telephone bill page, and navigating from there!

Please help, this is so frustrating - and I'm paying for it!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

The moderators will get back to you however at present it could be up to five days until they do. Meanwhile can you remove the reference number from your post.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Many thanks for the reply.

Yesterday, when I could not log in to the forum (see above) I tried, several times to set up a completely new membership, using an external free email address. Each time I did 'submit' I was promised an email to confirm my address. Nope. This morning, however, at 0.44am two emails asking me to verify my address for the forum, and again at 8.44, another three!

What on earth is going on?

By the way my problem with BT mail as per the first post is still the same, and that was after at least two weeks.

Its not looking good.

Just realised, I've been a BT customer since 1967, thats forty seven years.........

0 Ratings