cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MateloT
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Cant upgrade to 80Mb - another infinity nightmare

So I've had infinity for a good while now, since it was first available at my exchange. I recently moved house, the engineer sorted things at the new house last Tuesday to find even though DSL synched broadband itself wasnt working, a problem at the exchange it seems.

So BT finally get this fixed the night before last and infinity finally works.

I go to upgrade today and it tells me i have an order outstanding on the system even tho it was installed over a week ago. I've rung 150 and other 0800 numbers who eventually spoke to "orders" who tell me they cannot close down the order and it'll stay open until the 19th meaning i cannot get the 80mbit upgrade until then.

Absolutely insane.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
philt1808
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Cant upgrade to 80Mb - another infinity nightmare

I don't think waiting a week could be described as an 'Infinity Nightmare'.  There are lots of people still unable to order the service at all. 

0 Ratings
MateloT
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

The nightmare was waiting over a week for an engineer, then it not working for another week, now having to wait yet another week to upgrade it.

All down to whats typical BT bs!

0 Ratings
kaiserchief
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Surely, if you are already on "Infinity 1" and you are getting a decent service, you can at least wait a week to be upgraded to 76Mb?

Insane is a bit over the top, I think!

0 Ratings
MateloT
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

I think you're missing the point. I'm on Option 2 and having waited 2 weeks for BT to get their act together to get broadband working is one thing, but having yet another problem due to an order on a "system" that they cant close down. Its 2012 ffs. They should be able to close an order down on their computer so an upgrade can be ordered.

Clearly you've not experienced BT at their finest. Like most companies of their size, its all fine when it goes well but as soon as you hit a problem its a total nightmare. A different story from them every time you ring, engineers tell you one thing, helpdesk staff another and it goes on and on...

If you dont think that its insane an order that was placed 3 weeks ago and was fitted a week ago and finally got to work a couple of days ago is even still open on their system let alone cant be closed, then fair one, but do me a favour and post useless **bleep** to other peoples threads.

0 Ratings
Spenty
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

In life things never always go to plan. It's only a few days wait. Jeez some people are still stuck on 2mb down and your moaning about waiting a few days to go from 40 to 80... 1st world problems Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Cryin5freeman
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Life is not fair isn't it? 

Am on 37/8 but can't really wait till tomorrow for 63/19?!

0 Ratings
MateloT
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

I'm hardly bleeding my heart out at having to wait a week and theres plenty of posts on here today with people struggling to get the 80meg upgrade ordered.

Whilst your posts contain nothing of use, the bumps are gratefully received in the hope a mod see's this thread and actually does something helpful like close down the already fulfilled order showing as outstanding on my account.

Cheers 

0 Ratings
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

And just because you're on an Internet forum doesn't mean you can insult people either. You might want to show some civility to be honest.
0 Ratings
pips7000
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

did  my  test  it  says  72/20  they said  ill get  it monday 16th lol we   shall see .......

0 Ratings